How to Access "sub links"?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

Sometimes on a webpage there are links with “sub links.”  What I mean by “sub links” is that, visually, if you hover with the mouse over the link additional links appear.  Pressing <Enter> on the link does not seem to allow me to gain access to these sub links.  So, what is the JAWS command to allow access to sub links?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard,

Can you supply an example webpage, or couple of example webpages, with the object you're describing and identify it?
--
Brian

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

~ William James

Mcginnis, Barbara

Is the sublink a mouse over?

Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 10:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to Access "sub links"?

Richard,

Can you supply an example webpage, or couple of example webpages, with the object you're describing and identify it?
--
Brian

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

~ William James

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

Margaret Johnson

What is a mouse over?

Margaret

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mcginnis, Barbara
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 12:57 PM

Richard,

--
Brian

~ William James

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

Mcginnis, Barbara

Web page authors use On Mouse Overs to display text or images when a visitor moves the mouse pointer over a particular part of the page. When a user moves the mouse pointer over the text and hears on mouse over, the page is displaying information which a sighted individual can click on and they will be taken to another web page.  That is the first think that I thought of when I heard sub links. 

Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 3:01 PM

What is a mouse over?

Margaret

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mcginnis, Barbara
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 12:57 PM

Richard,

--
Brian

~ William James

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Barbara and Brian!

Barbara, to your question, well JAWS does not announce “on mouse over, when I am on the link.  However, it sure acts like that kind of a link.  Brian, at least for this specific situation I cannot provide a link to this webpage because it is on a page under my logged-in account.

Suppose it is a “on mouse over” link.  How in JAWS do you interact with it?

Thanks,

Richard

Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 10:57 AM

Richard,

--
Brian

~ William James

anil adivishnu

plees give the link of the web page so i can find out thanks

On 10/2/16, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Barbara and Brian!

Barbara, to your question, well JAWS does not announce “on mouse over, when
I am on the link. However, it sure acts like that kind of a link. Brian,
at least for this specific situation I cannot provide a link to this webpage
because it is on a page under my logged-in account.

Suppose it is a “on mouse over” link. How in JAWS do you interact with it?

Thanks,

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mcginnis,
Barbara

Richard,

Can you supply an example webpage, or couple of example
webpages, with the object you're describing and identify it?
--
Brian

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging
their prejudices.

~ William James

_____

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health,
legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including
confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is
prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

Mcginnis, Barbara

I believe the keystroke is Control Insert Enter.

Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2016 12:20 PM

Hi Barbara and Brian!

Barbara, to your question, well JAWS does not announce “on mouse over, when I am on the link.  However, it sure acts like that kind of a link.  Brian, at least for this specific situation I cannot provide a link to this webpage because it is on a page under my logged-in account.

Suppose it is a “on mouse over” link.  How in JAWS do you interact with it?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard,

--
Brian

~ William James