Facebook and Jaws

Sharon

Is it possible to use Jaws to access Facebook? If so, how difficult is it?
Is it possible to upload audio files to a group, or post, or whatever you
call it?
Sharon

Mike Rogers

Hi.
Use the website, mfacebook.com It's the mobil site and works great with screenreaders.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:55:18 -0500
"Sharon" <mt281820@comcast.net> wrote:

Is it possible to use Jaws to access Facebook? If so, how difficult is it?
Is it possible to upload audio files to a group, or post, or whatever you
call it?
Sharon

Mike Rogers

OOPS. It's m.facebook.com Forgot to put in the period.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:55:18 -0500
"Sharon" <mt281820@comcast.net> wrote:

Is it possible to use Jaws to access Facebook? If so, how difficult is it?
Is it possible to upload audio files to a group, or post, or whatever you
call it?
Sharon

Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...>

Agreed.
they often change the web site so iti will not remain constant. But JAWS works well with this mobile site. Far less cluter and fewer bells and whistles but getting to the material you want to read is quicker and faster using the mobile site.
You can use the normal Facebook site, but getting to spots you want to get to can take more time.
Accessibility is not really the issue.
I've been on Facebook since 2009.
Larry

At 07:28 AM 11/14/2018, you wrote:
OOPS. It's m.facebook.com Forgot to put in the period.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:55:18 -0500
"Sharon" <mt281820@comcast.net> wrote:

Is it possible to use Jaws to access Facebook? If so, how difficult is it?
Is it possible to upload audio files to a group, or post, or whatever you
call it?
Sharon

Bill Tessore

Yes, m.Facebook.com works well. Plus, Facebook.com also works by putting you into m.Facebook.comh by default when you enter the URL into the Internet browsers text box.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore.com

On Nov 14, 2018, at 7:26 AM, Mike Rogers <harpman9@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.
Use the website, mfacebook.com It's the mobil site and works great with screenreaders.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:55:18 -0500
"Sharon" <mt281820@comcast.net> wrote:

Is it possible to use Jaws to access Facebook? If so, how difficult is it?
Is it possible to upload audio files to a group, or post, or whatever you
call it?
Sharon

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I'm not fond of Facebook, but I consider the regular site to be usable. A
keystroke that really helps, and must be fairly new to JAWS, is q for Main
Region. I also find the combo box for other pages on Facebook very handy to
get where I want to get to. So if you are a person who wants to use
Facebook, and not one like me to fights against it, I believe the main page
works well enough.