Searching for a JAWS-friendly email client

Sameer

Dear List friends,

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Mario

try Thunderbird.

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Tue, Nov 13, 2018 12:45 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Searching for a JAWS-friendly email client

Dear List friends,

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my
emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail
will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client
which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Ed Legge <edward.legge@...>

Outlook.\

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sameer
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 11:45 AM

Dear List friends,

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Dan Longmore

Hi,

Mail, the Windows 10 app has limited JAWS useage but for a best client I would recommend Outlook , Thunderbird  as others have suggested.

Dan

Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:45 PM

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

I, too, would recommend Outlook or Thunderbird, and with the recent advent of the legal sale of recycled Office 2016 licenses you can get Office 2016, including Outlook 2016 if you make sure to buy Office 2016 Pro or Pro Plus, for a song on eBay.

That being said, I have WLM 2012 installed on multiple Windows 10 systems, up through and including Version 1809, and have never had an issue.  I downloaded the Windows Essentials 2012 full standalone installer about 7 days before it was pulled from the Microsoft download pages.  It's on my Google Drive here:  [URL=https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnOSF8xTzhfYnh4WUU]Windows Essentials 2012 Installer - Includes Windows Live Mail 2012, in ZIP format[/URL].
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

I constantly forget that Groups.io does not support BBCode.  Here's the click through link as it should have been in the last message:
               Windows Essentials 2012 Installer - Includes Windows Live Mail 2012, in ZIP format
--

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

Steve Matzura

Thunderbird.

On 11/13/2018 12:45 PM, Sameer wrote:

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

_._,_._,_

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>

Thunderbird, or you could always use the windows mail app.

Have you tried the Windows 10 Mail app? You asked for basic and I am pretty sure it will do that for you.

Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:45 AM

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Steve Matzura

Mail for Windows 10 is despicable. There's no rhyme or reason to the way the panes are laid out, sometimes pressing TAB takes you one place, sometimes another, I have never gotten subject threading to work properly, things move around of their own accord, everything's just an accessibility hodgepodge. Reminds me of Mac Mail, another attrocity. Everything's there, but try to find things, and you get enmired and hopelessly lost as to where you really are.

On 11/14/2018 1:15 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

Have you tried the Windows 10 Mail app? You asked for basic and I am pretty sure it will do that for you.

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

_._,_._,_

Mike Rogers

You might check out Becky email. It's $40, but I've been using it for years. Pretty simple.

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 06:15:02 +0000
"Sieghard Weitzel" <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

Dear List friends,

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India

Feliciano G

Outlook.well worth the money.
Regards,Feliciano For tech tips and updates, LIKE www.facebook.com/theblindman12v Follow www.twitter.com/theblindman12v

On Nov 14, 2018, at 4:42 AM, Mike Rogers <harpman9@gmail.com> wrote:

You might check out Becky email. It's $40, but I've been using it for years. Pretty simple.

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 06:15:02 +0000
"Sieghard Weitzel" <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

Dear List friends,

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India

Sameer

I am unable to move to the Favourites list in Outlook 2016 by using the Tab key. So, I have to use the CTRL+Y keystroke to move from folder to folder. But my brother can see the folder list on screen & move through it with a mouse.

I am running JAWS 18 & Office 2016 on a Windows 10 desktop.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: 14 November 2018 01:41 AM
Subject: Re: Searching for a JAWS-friendly email client

Hi,

Mail, the Windows 10 app has limited JAWS useage but for a best client I would recommend Outlook , Thunderbird  as others have suggested.

Dan

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Richard Turner

I have never used the Favorites in Outlook 2016.

Are these Favorite contacts, or favorite folders?

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:45 AM

I am unable to move to the Favourites list in Outlook 2016 by using the Tab key. So, I have to use the CTRL+Y keystroke to move from folder to folder. But my brother can see the folder list on screen & move through it with a mouse.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Hi,

Dan

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Cristóbal

Folders. Convenient if you have multiple accounts configured. I’ve got four inboxes and two different draft folders in my Outlook 2016 favorites section.

Cristóbal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:57 AM

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Hi,

Dan

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Sameer

I was referring to the list of folders which appears to the left of the message list in Outlook 2016.

At work, where I am using Outlook 2013, I can use the keystroke, Shift+Tab to move from the message list to the folder list. I can move through the folder list using arrow keys.

But on my home machine, I am unable to get to the Folder list using Shift+Tab or Tab. The only way that I am able to move from one folder to another is by using the CTRL+Y keystroke (the Go to Folder keystroke).

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Sent: 15 November 2018 12:27 AM

Richard

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Hi,

Dan

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Richard Turner

I have that many as well and I hit control-y and the first letter of the account I want to check.
Maybe I should look at the favorites, but it is hard to imagine it makes things any easier.
Richard

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." __  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 

On Nov 14, 2018, at 11:06 AM, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@...> wrote:

Folders. Convenient if you have multiple accounts configured. I’ve got four inboxes and two different draft folders in my Outlook 2016 favorites section.

Cristóbal

Richard

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Hi,

Dan

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Cristóbal

It’s probably a different strokes for different folks deal, but for me, I find using the favorites section for switching between inboxes much quicker and more convenient this way. I’ve never really liked the control plus y command. Much less if it’s a command I do countless times every single day.

Cristóbal

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:15 AM

I have that many as well and I hit control-y and the first letter of the account I want to check.

Maybe I should look at the favorites, but it is hard to imagine it makes things any easier.

Richard

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." __  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 

On Nov 14, 2018, at 11:06 AM, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@...> wrote:

Cristóbal

Richard

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Hi,

Dan

Dear List friends,

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

For anyone who's considering using the Win10 Mail App I would suggest you have a look at what David Moore has written with regard to using it along with the People and Calendar Apps that is in the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users Wiki pages, here:   --

Kimber Gardner

That is just how it works in outlook 2016. The other key combpo that
works is control-shift-tab. Then arrow up and down the list or use
first letter navigation.

On 11/14/18, Sameer <salatey@gmail.com> wrote:

I am unable to move to the Favourites list in Outlook 2016 by using the Tab
key. So, I have to use the CTRL+Y keystroke to move from folder to folder.
But my brother can see the folder list on screen & move through it with a
mouse.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Hi,

Mail, the Windows 10 app has limited JAWS useage but for a best client I
would recommend Outlook , Thunderbird as others have suggested.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> <main@jfw.groups.io
<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> > On Behalf Of Sameer
To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

Dear List friends,

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my
emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail
will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which
I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

--
Kimberly