Searching for a JAWS-friendly email client

Sameer

Dear List friends,

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Mario

try Thunderbird.

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my
emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail
will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client
which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Ed Legge <edward.legge@...>

Outlook.\

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  Mail, the Windows 10 app has limited JAWS useage but for a best client I would recommend Outlook , Thunderbird  as others have suggested.

Dan

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

I, too, would recommend Outlook or Thunderbird, and with the recent advent of the legal sale of recycled Office 2016 licenses you can get Office 2016, including Outlook 2016 if you make sure to buy Office 2016 Pro or Pro Plus, for a song on eBay.

That being said, I have WLM 2012 installed on multiple Windows 10 systems, up through and including Version 1809, and have never had an issue.  I downloaded the Windows Essentials 2012 full standalone installer about 7 days before it was pulled from the Microsoft download pages.  It's on my Google Drive here:  [URL=https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnOSF8xTzhfYnh4WUU]Windows Essentials 2012 Installer - Includes Windows Live Mail 2012, in ZIP format[/URL].

I constantly forget that Groups.io does not support BBCode.  Here's the click through link as it should have been in the last message:
               Windows Essentials 2012 Installer - Includes Windows Live Mail 2012, in ZIP format

Steve Matzura

Thunderbird.

On 11/13/2018 12:45 PM, Sameer wrote:

Dear List friends,

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

_._,_._,_

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>

Thunderbird, or you could always use the windows mail app.

Have you tried the Windows 10 Mail app? You asked for basic and I am pretty sure it will do that for you.

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Steve Matzura

Mail for Windows 10 is despicable. There's no rhyme or reason to the way the panes are laid out, sometimes pressing TAB takes you one place, sometimes another, I have never gotten subject threading to work properly, things move around of their own accord, everything's just an accessibility hodgepodge. Reminds me of Mac Mail, another attrocity. Everything's there, but try to find things, and you get enmired and hopelessly lost as to where you really are.

Have you tried the Windows 10 Mail app? You asked for basic and I am pretty sure it will do that for you.

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

_._,_._,_

Mike Rogers

You might check out Becky email. It's $40, but I've been using it for years. Pretty simple.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 06:15:02 +0000
"Sieghard Weitzel" <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

Have you tried the Windows 10 Mail app? You asked for basic and I am pretty sure it will do that for you.

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India

Feliciano G

Outlook.well worth the money.
Regards,Feliciano For tech tips and updates, LIKE www.facebook.com/theblindman12v Follow www.twitter.com/theblindman12v

On Nov 14, 2018, at 4:42 AM, Mike Rogers <harpman9@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I am unable to move to the Favourites list in Outlook 2016 by using the Tab key. So, I have to use the CTRL+Y keystroke to move from folder to folder. But my brother can see the folder list on screen & move through it with a mouse.

I am running JAWS 18 & Office 2016 on a Windows 10 desktop.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

  Mail, the Windows 10 app has limited JAWS useage but for a best client I would recommend Outlook , Thunderbird  as others have suggested.

Dan

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Richard Turner

I have never used the Favorites in Outlook 2016.

Are these Favorite contacts, or favorite folders?

Richard

  Mail, the Windows 10 app has limited JAWS useage but for a best client I would recommend Outlook , Thunderbird  as others have suggested.

Dan

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Cristóbal

Folders. Convenient if you have multiple accounts configured. I’ve got four inboxes and two different draft folders in my Outlook 2016 favorites section.

Cristóbal

I have never used the Favorites in Outlook 2016.

Are these Favorite contacts, or favorite folders?

Richard

  Mail, the Windows 10 app has limited JAWS useage but for a best client I would recommend Outlook , Thunderbird  as others have suggested.

Dan

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Sameer

I was referring to the list of folders which appears to the left of the message list in Outlook 2016.

At work, where I am using Outlook 2013, I can use the keystroke, Shift+Tab to move from the message list to the folder list. I can move through the folder list using arrow keys.

But on my home machine, I am unable to get to the Folder list using Shift+Tab or Tab. The only way that I am able to move from one folder to another is by using the CTRL+Y keystroke (the Go to Folder keystroke).

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

I have never used the Favorites in Outlook 2016.

Are these Favorite contacts, or favorite folders?

Richard

  Mail, the Windows 10 app has limited JAWS useage but for a best client I would recommend Outlook , Thunderbird  as others have suggested.

Dan

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

Richard Turner

I have that many as well and I hit control-y and the first letter of the account I want to check.
Maybe I should look at the favorites, but it is hard to imagine it makes things any easier.
Richard

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." __  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

On Nov 14, 2018, at 11:06 AM, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@...> wrote:

[...]

It’s probably a different strokes for different folks deal, but for me, I find using the favorites section for switching between inboxes much quicker and more convenient this way. I’ve never really liked the control plus y command. Much less if it’s a command I do countless times every single day.

Cristóbal

I have never used the Favorites in Outlook 2016.

Are these Favorite contacts, or favorite folders?

Richard

  Mail, the Windows 10 app has limited JAWS useage but for a best client I would recommend Outlook , Thunderbird  as others have suggested.

Dan

I was previously using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 to check my emails. Now I have upgraded to Windows 10 & found that Windows Live Mail will not install on Windows 10.

I request you to kindly suggest me a basic JAWS-friendly email client which I can use to check my emails & which is compatible with Windows 10.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,

Mumbai, India

For anyone who's considering using the Win10 Mail App I would suggest you have a look at what David Moore has written with regard to using it along with the People and Calendar Apps that is in the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users Wiki pages, here:   --

Kimber Gardner

That is just how it works in outlook 2016. The other key combpo that
works is control-shift-tab. Then arrow up and down the list or use
first letter navigation.