From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Friday, November 9, 2018 8:34 AM
To: JFW
Subject: Copying Portions of a Web Page Preserving Elements

I frequently receive email messages with portions of Web pages copied
thereinto, complete with all elements--links, headings, other
controls--faithfully preserved, but I've plum forgotten how. Someone
please refresh my obviously in-need-of-refreshing memory cells, with my
grateful thanks in advance.

Steve Matzura

And where is that done? I just searched for "virtual cursor" in Settings and didn't get any hits that sound anything like that.

On 11/9/2018 12:08 PM, Bill White wrote:
Just make sure that, if you're using JAWS, that your Virtual Cursor is set to copy Full Screen Content, NOT Copy From Virtual Cursor. Copy from Virtual Cursor will give you only the text. It will not preserve formatting.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I frequently receive email messages with portions of Web pages copied
thereinto, complete with all elements--links, headings, other
controls--faithfully preserved, but I've plum forgotten how. Someone
please refresh my obviously in-need-of-refreshing memory cells, with my
grateful thanks in advance.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

You press JAWS key plus V to enter Quick Settings.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I frequently receive email messages with portions of Web pages copied
thereinto, complete with all elements--links, headings, other
controls--faithfully preserved, but I've plum forgotten how. Someone
please refresh my obviously in-need-of-refreshing memory cells, with my
grateful thanks in advance.

Steve Matzura

Yeah, then what? I search for "copy," 0 results, and searching for "virtual" gave me one unrelated response.

On 11/9/2018 3:30 PM, Bill White wrote:
You press JAWS key plus V to enter Quick Settings.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I frequently receive email messages with portions of Web pages copied
thereinto, complete with all elements--links, headings, other
controls--faithfully preserved, but I've plum forgotten how. Someone
please refresh my obviously in-need-of-refreshing memory cells, with my
grateful thanks in advance.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Steve,

1. Open the browser and press, Insert / Jaws key + v, to open quick settings.
2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.
3. Arrow down a couple of times to either, Select and copy from virtual cursor, or, Select and Copy Full content using onscreen highlight.  Press the spacebar to toggle between the 2, and after making your choice tab to, Okay, press enter to save and close.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 7:53 AM

Yeah, then what? I search for "copy," 0 results, and searching for
"virtual" gave me one unrelated response.

On 11/9/2018 3:30 PM, Bill White wrote:
> You press JAWS key plus V to enter Quick Settings.
>
> Bill White
>
> billwhite92701@...

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Did you have your browser open at the time? You must do this with your browser to get Virtual Cursor Options.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I frequently receive email messages with portions of Web pages copied
thereinto, complete with all elements--links, headings, other
controls--faithfully preserved, but I've plum forgotten how. Someone
please refresh my obviously in-need-of-refreshing memory cells, with my
grateful thanks in advance.

Roger Newell

I also changed this setting and tried to copy some text from a
webpage, but when I pasted it, nothing had been copied despite JAWS
saying so, so I had to reverse the setting.

On 11/10/2018 1:54 PM, Mike B. wrote:
2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options

General options

Convenient OCR options

Reading options

Say All options

Editing options

Spelling options

Numbers options

Steve Matzura

On 11/10/2018 4:26 PM, Bill White wrote:
Did you have your browser open at the time? You must do this with your browser to get Virtual Cursor Options.
Yes.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry for assuming that you're running IE11, I should of asked what browser you're running from the start.  If you're running Firefox or Chrome, I don't know about other browsers, but these 2 don't have the options in the quick settings I described.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:58 AM

On 11/10/2018 1:54 PM, Mike B. wrote:
2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options

General options

Convenient OCR options

Reading options

Say All options

Editing options

Spelling options

Numbers options

Richard Turner

I use Firefox and after hitting insert+v the first thing is virtual cursor options.

Win 10, latest Firefox.

Richard

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:58 AM

On 11/10/2018 1:54 PM, Mike B. wrote:

2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options

General options

Convenient OCR options

Reading options

Say All options

Editing options

Spelling options

Numbers options

Steve Matzura

Yes, I am using Firefox. Ah, now that does put the kibosh on things now, doesn't it! I assumed--wrongly so, apparently--that Firefox would have this, too.

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:58 AM

On 11/10/2018 1:54 PM, Mike B. wrote:
2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options

General options

Convenient OCR options

Reading options

Say All options

Editing options

Spelling options

Numbers options

_._,_._,_

Steve Matzura

How can this be? My first option is Touch Cursor.

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:58 AM

On 11/10/2018 1:54 PM, Mike B. wrote:

2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options

General options

Convenient OCR options

Reading options

Say All options

Editing options

Spelling options

Numbers options

_._,_._,_

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Steve. Which version of Firefox are you using? I am using Firefox Version 63.0.1.

When I press INSERT plus V, I get a search box. If I type in the first three letters, v i r, I get Virtual Cursor Options.

If you are in the U.S., and you’d like me to see what’s going on, you may call me.

714-835-6295

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:58 AM

On 11/10/2018 1:54 PM, Mike B. wrote:

2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options

General options

Convenient OCR options

Reading options

Say All options

Editing options

Spelling options

Numbers options

Mario

Bill, do post if a solution was found because I tried and also don't
have the virtual option like Steve doesn't have.

How can this be? My first option is Touch Cursor.

On 11/11/2018 9:25 AM, Richard Turner wrote:
I use Firefox and after hitting insert+v the first thing is virtual
cursor options.
Win 10, latest Firefox.

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip
under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

I'm sorry for assuming that you're running IE11, I should of asked what
browser you're running from the start. If you're running Firefox or
Chrome, I don't know about other browsers, but these 2 don't have the
options in the quick settings I described.

Take care. Mike. Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In
the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options
General options
Convenient OCR options
Reading options
Say All options
Editing options
Spelling options
Numbers options

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Mario. What versions of JAWS and Firefox are you using?

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Bill, do post if a solution was found because I tried and also don't
have the virtual option like Steve doesn't have.

2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options
General options
Convenient OCR options
Reading options
Say All options
Editing options
Spelling options
Numbers options

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Mario. One thing, I am using JAWS 2019, I did not migrate any settings when I installed JAWS 2019, and I am using Firefox Version 63.0.1

With this configuration, with Firefox open, pressing INSERT plus V, you should find

Virtual Cursor Options

in the search suggestions.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Bill, do post if a solution was found because I tried and also don't
have the virtual option like Steve doesn't have.

2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options
General options
Convenient OCR options
Reading options
Say All options
Editing options
Spelling options
Numbers options

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Richard,

I'll be damned!  I was running Jaws 16 and the Virtual Cursor options does not show in FF62, but it does show in FF52 ESR.  But, with FF62 the Virtual Cursor options show using Jaws 18 and newer.  In Chrome the Virtual Cursor options don't show no matter what version of Jaws is running.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:25 AM

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:58 AM

On 11/10/2018 1:54 PM, Mike B. wrote:

2. Arrow dow to, Virtual Cursor Options, and right arrow if it's closed.

There is no such option. Level 0 options are:

Touch cursor options

General options

Convenient OCR options

Reading options

Say All options

Editing options

Spelling options

Numbers options

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Steve,

What version of Firefox and Jaws are you running?  Virtual Cursor options don't show in FF62 using Jaws 16, but it shows using Jaws 18 and newer.  In FF52 ESR the Virtual Cursor options do show using Jaws 16 & newer.  It doesn't hsow in Chrome no matter what version of Jaws is running.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.