Topics

New Jaws subscription plan, why US only?

Nickus de Vos

Hi all
I sent a message to FS support asking why the new Jaws yearly subscription plan is for US customers only, but I haven’t received any reply yet. Your thoughts on this?

As I see it, they are basically saying that us users outside the US don’t really require a more affordable way to purchase Jaws and that they are only giving this more affordable option to people in the US.

I’m also wondering what for example will stop me from simply using a friends US address when signing up for this plan. I doubt they’ll be monitoring where a user is located while using it, I think the only important thing to them is the address at sign up.

Nick

Cristóbal

Probably has to do with issues such as licensing, distributor ships, all sorts of legalities and any sort of Country specific requirements for e-commerce. Patience grasshopper. I’m sure they’ll eventually roll it out internationally as these things get resolved.

O Nov 8, 2018, at 6:21 AM, Nickus de Vos <nickus.zr6jn@...> wrote:

Hi all
I sent a message to FS support asking why the new Jaws yearly subscription plan is for US customers only, but I haven’t received any reply yet. Your thoughts on this?

As I see it, they are basically saying that us users outside the US don’t really require a more affordable way to purchase Jaws and that they are only giving this more affordable option to people in the US.

I’m also wondering what for example will stop me from simply using a friends US address when signing up for this plan. I doubt they’ll be monitoring where a user is located while using it, I think the only important thing to them is the address at sign up.

Nick

Gerald Levy

Eric Damery claims that this new subscription plan would be available outside the US sometime next year.

Gerald

I sent a message to FS support asking why the new Jaws yearly subscription plan is for US customers only, but I haven’t received any reply yet. Your thoughts on this?

As I see it, they are basically saying that us users outside the US don’t really require a more affordable way to purchase Jaws and that they are only giving this more affordable option to people in the US.

I’m also wondering what for example will stop me from simply using a friends US address when signing up for this plan. I doubt they’ll be monitoring where a user is located while using it, I think the only important thing to them is the address at sign up.

Nick

Ron Pelletier

Hi Nick and all,

In the US they love to identify themselves as America which is far from being correct. If they want to call themselves America, let them include all of North America. If they don't want to go overseas with this, due to language problems, that is their business but they should at least include all of North America in at least English which is the international language of computers.

Ron & Danvers

I sent a message to FS support asking why the new Jaws yearly subscription plan is for US customers only, but I haven’t received any reply yet. Your thoughts on this?

As I see it, they are basically saying that us users outside the US don’t really require a more affordable way to purchase Jaws and that they are only giving this more affordable option to people in the US.

I’m also wondering what for example will stop me from simply using a friends US address when signing up for this plan. I doubt they’ll be monitoring where a user is located while using it, I think the only important thing to them is the address at sign up.

Nick

Exactly, it is new so obviously they will do it first where it is easiest for them which is in their home country.

Eric Damery claims that this new subscription plan would be available
outside the US sometime next year.

Gerald

I sent a message to FS support asking why the new Jaws yearly subscription
plan is for US customers only, but I haven’t received any reply yet. Your
thoughts on this?

As I see it, they are basically saying that us users outside the US don’t
really require a more affordable way to purchase Jaws and that they are only
giving this more affordable option to people in the US.

I’m also wondering what for example will stop me from simply using a friends
US address when signing up for this plan. I doubt they’ll be monitoring
where a user is located while using it, I think the only important thing to
them is the address at sign up.

Nick

Hi Ron,

I beg to differ, for the US to call themselves America that is to me no problem, after all, we call them "Americans" not US'ers" or "United Statelers" and
Also, if you feel they should include Canada in America because we are part of North America then how about all the countries of central amd South America, that is still America or the American continent.
Furthermore, there are plenty of places overseas where English is the primary language, e.g. England, Australia, New Zealand.
Let's just let them figure it out, I'm sure if a subscription-based model is what Vispero wants to move to it will be offered here in Canada and elsewhere in due time.

[...]

Bernard Georgiou

Hi,

I agree with you, I bet they will not reply either as its wrong they don't offer the same prices worldwide as we all struggle no matter where we live. As a matter of interest, I also saw that in the USA they have an offer to renew their SMA  licences, at a cost of US Dollars 60.00. Here as of yesterday at Sight and Sound they quoted 150.00 pounds with no upcoming specials envisaged. So how fair is that to us here?

Bernard

On 08-Nov-18 6:21 AM, Nickus de Vos wrote:
Hi all
I sent a message to FS support asking why the new Jaws yearly subscription plan is for US customers only, but I haven’t received any reply yet. Your thoughts on this?

As I see it, they are basically saying that us users outside the US don’t really require a more affordable way to purchase Jaws and that they are only giving this more affordable option to people in the US.

I’m also wondering what for example will stop me from simply using a friends US address when signing up for this plan. I doubt they’ll be monitoring where a user is located while using it, I think the only important thing to them is the address at sign up.

Nick

Cristóbal

Cool your jets and pump the outrage breaks a little.
Give it time and as they get their licensing and other international legalities details sorted out, you'll probably see the roll out reach your country.

Cristóbal

[...]

Pat Byrne

Nick,
Give them a bit more time to respond.
Pat, K9JAUAt 08:21 AM 11/8/2018, you wrote:

Hi all
I sent a message to FS support asking why the new Jaws yearly subscription plan is for US customers only, but I haven’t received any reply yet. Your thoughts on this?

As I see it, they are basically saying that us users outside the US don’t really require a more affordable way to purchase Jaws and that they are only giving this more affordable option to people in the US.

I’m also wondering what for example will stop me from simply using a friends US address when signing up for this plan. I doubt they’ll be monitoring where a user is located while using it, I think the only important thing to them is the address at sign up.

Nick

Roger Newell

I think 150 pounds is a bit expensive, but Sight and Sound has to make
some money from selling JAWS.