Avast anti-virus program redux

David Pearson

Hi all:

I'm told that if I uninstall the Avast program it will automatically be replaced by "Windows defender".

If this is so, what are the step-by step instructions to uninstall Avast using the Jaws screenreading program?

Thank you,

DSP

Uninstalling Avast is not in any way different than any other program.  Open Control Panel, Programs and Features, select the program you wish to uninstall from the list, then bring up the context menu and select Uninstall from it.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz

Gerald Levy

It may not be that simple.  Others have reported that it may be necessary to boot into safe mode in order to remove Avast with their removal tool.

Gerald

Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:10 AM
Subject: Re: Avast anti-virus program redux

Uninstalling Avast is not in any way different than any other program.  Open Control Panel, Programs and Features, select the program you wish to uninstall from the list, then bring up the context menu and select Uninstall from it.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz

Gerald,

           It could come to that, but only could.  The first course of action is to use their supplied uninstaller, which can be accessed as I mentioned.

           Any number of programs can have issues with the uninstall process, but most typically don't.  We'll cross the dedicated remover program bridge if we come to it.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz

Mario

but doesn't Avast have a self protection mechanism to prevent
uninstalling it from the PC?

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Mario wrote:
but doesn't Avast have a self protection mechanism to prevent
uninstalling it from the PC?
No.  You can even read their page,

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

which states, in part, "Sometimes it's not possible to uninstall Avast the standard way - using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel."  In the vast majority of cases doing Uninstall from Programs and Features is all that's necessary.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz

T. Civitello

Unfortunately in my experience and according to  numerous messages on Jaws and tech lists this does not remove all traces of Avast. On my Win 7 computer I was never able to get rid of Avast until I had a complete reinstall of Win 7. Avast did have a free download of a program to get rid of what was left of a normal un install but it required going into safe mode.  Tom

Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 8:10 AM

Uninstalling Avast is not in any way different than any other program.  Open Control Panel, Programs and Features, select the program you wish to uninstall from the list, then bring up the context menu and select Uninstall from it.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Tom. My friend also had Avast antivirus, and used the tool to get rid of Avast. It says that it requires safe mode, but if you run it, it will still work, and will uninstall the antivirus program. Also, if using Windows 10, you can now go into safe mode with either Narrator or JAWS, and run programs in safe mode.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 8:10 AM

Uninstalling Avast is not in any way different than any other program.  Open Control Panel, Programs and Features, select the program you wish to uninstall from the list, then bring up the context menu and select Uninstall from it.

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  Here is the Avast removable tool.  It will remove any trace of avast on your pc.  Hope it helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c3r8quptnoa7up/avastclear.exe?dl=1

On 8/11/2018 12:03 AM, David Pearson wrote:
Hi all:

I'm told that if I uninstall the Avast program it will automatically be replaced by "Windows defender".

If this is so, what are the step-by step instructions to uninstall Avast using the Jaws screenreading program?

Thank you,

DSP

Mário Navarro

Hi.
Yes, I have removed avast several times, and the tool has always removed everything from avast...
On my Windows 10, Narrator does not work in safe mode.
With narrator I could not remove Avast in safe mode.
does not work.
cheers.