2019 not fully functional after boot up

Stan Holdeman

Listers: With W 10, v.1803 and J2019.

I have jaws set to start up automatically at log in page and after log in.

After boot up in the morning, j2019 opens fine but will not recognize headings, form fields and other elements. It will read a text field. I have tried task switching and page reload, but these do not help. After unloading jaws and reloading it everything works great.

If later in the day, I sign out and back in all works fine.

Any suggestions?

Stan

Jason White

Reinstall JAWS. If that doesn’t help, contact technical Support.

I have jaws set to start up automatically at log in page and after log in.

After boot up in the morning, j2019 opens fine but will not recognize headings, form fields and other elements. It will read a text field. I have tried task switching and page reload, but these do not help. After unloading jaws and reloading it everything works great.

If later in the day, I sign out and back in all works fine.

Any suggestions?

Stan

Mike Rogers

I also have a start up problem. Jaws sometimes fails to come on and I have to use N.V.D.A. to get to the Jaws Icon and open it. But, this doesn't always happen. Most of the time, Jaws comes on just fine. go figure. Using Jws 19.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 12:59:34 +0000
"Stan Holdeman" <sholdeman@msn.com> wrote:

Listers: With W 10, v.1803 and J2019.

I have jaws set to start up automatically at log in page and after log in.

After boot up in the morning, j2019 opens fine but will not recognize headings, form fields and other elements. It will read a text field. I have tried task switching and page reload, but these do not help. After unloading jaws and reloading it everything works great.

If later in the day, I sign out and back in all works fine.

Any suggestions?

Stan

Kimber Gardner

I have a similar problem with 2019. In fact the automatic startup was
so unreliable that I've returned to 2018.

--
Kimberly

Alan Robbins

Folks,

Hopefully folks are reporting this directly to Vispero as well as these lists. For things to get fixed, they need to hear about them.

Al

[...]

Why not set a shortcut key like Control+Shift+J, also if you know your computer is logged in pressing Windows Key+M to make sure you are on the desktop and then J should put you on the Jaws icon unless you have other shortcuts which start with J, lastly you can press Windows Key+R and type Jaws2019 all without spaces and press enter. Any of these should start Jaws without having to first start another screenreader.

[...]

Have you tried to turn it off and back on in Jaws Settings? I have 4 desktops at work and my laptop at home and Jaws 2019 speaks at the logon screen as well as after the desktop loads 100% of the time on all my computers.

[...]

Matthew Horspool

Hi Stan,

I saw this sort of behaviour early in the beta cycle for 2019. Not sure what the problem was as I could never get to the bottom of it either, but it got fixed for me before the official release.

Matthew