anti-virus program recommendation

David Pearson

Hello list:

Currently using "Avast" on my Dell Windows7 64 bit desktop machine.

Would like to swap the Avast for different program. Any recommendations for something that will work well with Jaws?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Feliciano G

I like Eset internet security.

On Nov 6, 2018, at 8:52 PM, David Pearson <dshawnpearson@suddenlink.net> wrote:

Hello list:

Currently using "Avast" on my Dell Windows7 64 bit desktop machine.

Would like to swap the Avast for different program. Any recommendations for something that will work well with Jaws?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Steve Matzura

Malwarebytes. I trust all my machines to it.

On 11/6/2018 11:52 PM, David Pearson wrote:
Hello list:

Currently using "Avast" on my Dell Windows7 64 bit desktop machine.

Would like to swap the Avast for different program.  Any recommendations for something that will work well with Jaws?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Dan Longmore

Windows Defender works well as does WebRoot although the WebRoot interface does not always cooperate.

Dan

Malwarebytes. I trust all my machines to it.

On 11/6/2018 11:52 PM, David Pearson wrote:
Hello list:

Currently using "Avast" on my Dell Windows7 64 bit desktop machine.

Would like to swap the Avast for different program. Any
recommendations for something that will work well with Jaws?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Hello all:

Thank you for your feedback. Last question on topic: Are any of the recommendations(3, I think) free, or do they require some sort of paid subscription?

Truly yours,

David S. Pearson

Windows Defender works well as does WebRoot although the WebRoot interface does not always cooperate.

Dan

Malwarebytes. I trust all my machines to it.

On 11/6/2018 11:52 PM, David Pearson wrote:
Hello list:

Currently using "Avast" on my Dell Windows7 64 bit desktop machine.

Would like to swap the Avast for different program. Any
recommendations for something that will work well with Jaws?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Mario

I rely on either JAWS or NVDA because I can't make out anything on
screen. I find it nearly impossible to adjust settings and perform a
scan (and probably other tasks sighted users can successfully use that I
haven't been able to try) because the information on it's UI is very
garbled (no seperation between words to make sense of what the on screen
information is). I complained a few times but they don't seem to
understand (or care) even though I urged them to have them install NVDA
and try to set settings and use Internet Security to see what frustrates
me. but they just don't understand. yes, I disabled graphics according
to their directions, but my frustration remains because disabling
graphics does not resolve the garbled on screen information. anybody
have a suggestion on resolving my issue?

Currently using "Avast" on my Dell Windows7 64 bit desktop machine.

Would like to swap the Avast for different program. Any recommendations
for something that will work well with Jaws?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

.

Just use Windows Defender

Thank you for your feedback. Last question on topic: Are any of the recommendations(3, I think) free, or do they require some sort of paid subscription?

Truly yours,

David S. Pearson

Windows Defender works well as does WebRoot although the WebRoot interface does not always cooperate.

Dan

Malwarebytes. I trust all my machines to it.

On 11/6/2018 11:52 PM, David Pearson wrote:
Hello list:

Currently using "Avast" on my Dell Windows7 64 bit desktop machine.

Would like to swap the Avast for different program. Any
recommendations for something that will work well with Jaws?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

OK, sorry, I don't think you said you are using Windows 7 before this. In this case use Security Essentials since Windows Defender is what comes with Windows 10.