From: Jed Barton [mailto:jedbarton@...]
Sent: Tuesday, Nov 6, 2018 7:54 PM EST
To: main
Subject: latest firefox and bookmarks

Hey guys,

OK, perhaps some of you can help. So i am using the latest jaws, and
the latest firefox. I am bookmarking a website. I know exactly what
i called it. However, i put it in other bookmarks. I bookmarked the
page. However when i brought up my bookmarks, i didn't see it there.
The name of it starts with the letter I, i kept hitting that, and
nothing came up. Very strange. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,
Jed

.

netbat66

what shortcut key are you useing to open the list?
use control i or control b. then you will get the entire bookmark list and you can use the search box to find your bookmarks.
also with me the other bookmarks is the last menu in the list so i can just press control end to go directly to it.
you have to open the sub menu first before you can arrow down this list.
if it is closed it will tell you.
this applies to all of the links that are in a sub menu too.

OK, perhaps some of you can help. So i am using the latest jaws, and
the latest firefox. I am bookmarking a website. I know exactly what
i called it. However, i put it in other bookmarks. I bookmarked the
page. However when i brought up my bookmarks, i didn't see it there.
The name of it starts with the letter I, i kept hitting that, and
nothing came up. Very strange. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,
Jed

netbat66

use control b or control i.
this will give you a search box to search the entire bookmark list. but with this i have to turn off the virtual pc cursor first or firefox will hang for about 2 minutes.
it does not hang with n v d a.

when you access the bookmarks list (alt and then b), press enter to
access all bookmarks, and see if your bookmark is in there.

I've got the same issue, and was amazed that there were bookmarks going
in different levels. but wonder if there's a way to move the bookmarks
after showing all bookmarks to the first level of bookmarks.

OK, perhaps some of you can help. So i am using the latest jaws, and
the latest firefox. I am bookmarking a website. I know exactly what
i called it. However, i put it in other bookmarks. I bookmarked the
page. However when i brought up my bookmarks, i didn't see it there.
The name of it starts with the letter I, i kept hitting that, and
nothing came up. Very strange. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,
Jed

.

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

well i hit alt B, then pressed enter. I still can't find the bookmark
that i bookmarked, when i hit I. The name of the bookmark that i set
was IPN legacy dispatch. When i keep hitting I, it never shows up.
I'm confused

On 11/6/18, netbat66 <netbat66@...> wrote:
use control b or control i.
this will give you a search box to search the entire bookmark list. but with

this i have to turn off the virtual pc cursor first or firefox will hang for

about 2 minutes.
it does not hang with n v d a.

OK, perhaps some of you can help. So i am using the latest jaws, and
the latest firefox. I am bookmarking a website. I know exactly what
i called it. However, i put it in other bookmarks. I bookmarked the
page. However when i brought up my bookmarks, i didn't see it there.
The name of it starts with the letter I, i kept hitting that, and
nothing came up. Very strange. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,
Jed

.

Chris

By default bookmarks go into the bookmarks toolbar folder

See if your bookmark has gone into there

OK, perhaps some of you can help.  So i am using the latest jaws, and

the latest firefox.  I am bookmarking a website.  I know exactly what

i called it.  However, i put it in other bookmarks.  I bookmarked the

page.  However when i brought up my bookmarks, i didn't see it there.

The name of it starts with the letter I, i kept hitting that, and

nothing came up.  Very strange.  Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,

Jed

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

ok so with control I, let me get your input guys, this should be a lot
easier. I wanna have a simple list of bookmarks, and not have it be
complicated. This shouldn't be hard. By default, where do you guys
save bookmarks

On 11/7/18, Chris via Groups.Io <chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
By default bookmarks go into the bookmarks toolbar folder
See if your bookmark has gone into there

OK, perhaps some of you can help. So i am using the latest jaws, and
the latest firefox. I am bookmarking a website. I know exactly what
i called it. However, i put it in other bookmarks. I bookmarked the
page. However when i brought up my bookmarks, i didn't see it there.
The name of it starts with the letter I, i kept hitting that, and
nothing came up. Very strange. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,
Jed

Bill White

I allow them to save in the usual location, except that I create a folder called General, and put everything under that. If I want subfolders, I put them under General. This way, if there are other folders at the same level as General, I can delete them, knowing they're not important to me.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

OK, perhaps some of you can help. So i am using the latest jaws, and
the latest firefox. I am bookmarking a website. I know exactly what
i called it. However, i put it in other bookmarks. I bookmarked the
page. However when i brought up my bookmarks, i didn't see it there.
The name of it starts with the letter I, i kept hitting that, and
nothing came up. Very strange. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,
Jed

Chris Hill

I save them in other bookmarks, then to find the latest one, I hit alt-b and start up arrowing.

On 11/7/2018 08:55, Jed Barton wrote:
[...]

Bookmarks menu ,  I use a firefox extension to save to this folder by default

On 11/7/18, Chris via Groups.Io <chrismedley@...> wrote:

> By default bookmarks go into the bookmarks toolbar folder

> See if your bookmark has gone into there

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

what extention do you use? I would like to install it. Sounds like
it would really help