JAWS and Outlook2010 -conversation view

michel.cormier@...

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at using JAWS with Outlook using the conversation view.

I am trying to compare it with the native iOS 10 app where IOS will advise how many emails are in the conversation and then will only stay within the borders of that conversation.

Seems like when I turn this option on in Outlook, it does seem to advise me that there is more than one email, but not a total number is spoken.  When I open this conversation and arrow down, then it just moves right out of this list and JAWS does not give me any indication that this was done.

Any help or input on this subject would be appreciated.  I looked around the web on this but did not find any info at all.

Mike

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Mike. As far as I know, Freedom Scientific advises turning off Conversation View because it is not really accessible with JAWS.
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at using JAWS with Outlook using the conversation view.

I am trying to compare it with the native iOS 10 app where IOS will advise how many emails are in the conversation and then will only stay within the borders of that conversation.

Seems like when I turn this option on in Outlook, it does seem to advise me that there is more than one email, but not a total number is spoken.  When I open this conversation and arrow down, then it just moves right out of this list and JAWS does not give me any indication that this was done.

Any help or input on this subject would be appreciated.  I looked around the web on this but did not find any info at all.

Mike

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 14193 (20160928) __________

http://www.eset.com

Drew Hunthausen

Yes, and I wish this was possible as I love the conversation view on my iPhone!

[...]

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

How is it not accessible?

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

[...]

It doesn't tell you how many emails are in the list, and you can't click on individual emails in the list. It just goes out of the list without interacting with the email.

Bill White billwhite92701@...

[...]

paul lemm

Hi,

I use conversation view all the time in outlook 2010, I find it really helpful especially as I belong to a few groups like this so it’s nice to have all my emails grouped together

There are a few settings you need to tweak to get it to work exactly how  you want, currently  mine is set up  so in outlook  for example your message appears like below in outlook for me.

Conversation: jaws and conversation view , 5 items, 2 unread,

Then I just click right arrow to expand the conversation  and use up and down to scroll through the messages in this list .  if that’s what you’re trying to do let me know and I’ll send you instructions  on how to do this.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at using JAWS with Outlook using the conversation view.

I am trying to compare it with the native iOS 10 app where IOS will advise how many emails are in the conversation and then will only stay within the borders of that conversation.

Seems like when I turn this option on in Outlook, it does seem to advise me that there is more than one email, but not a total number is spoken.  When I open this conversation and arrow down, then it just moves right out of this list and JAWS does not give me any indication that this was done.

Any help or input on this subject would be appreciated.  I looked around the web on this but did not find any info at all.

Mike

Drew Hunthausen

I would love to get instructions on how to do this as it would really help for groups like this!! please send instructions. thanks

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at using JAWS with Outlook using the conversation view.

I am trying to compare it with the native iOS 10 app where IOS will advise how many emails are in the conversation and then will only stay within the borders of that conversation.

Seems like when I turn this option on in Outlook, it does seem to advise me that there is more than one email, but not a total number is spoken.  When I open this conversation and arrow down, then it just moves right out of this list and JAWS does not give me any indication that this was done.

Any help or input on this subject would be appreciated.  I looked around the web on this but did not find any info at all.

Mike

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Same here. Thanks. Keith

I would love to get instructions on how to do this as it would really help for groups like this!! please send instructions. thanks

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at using JAWS with Outlook using the conversation view.

I am trying to compare it with the native iOS 10 app where IOS will advise how many emails are in the conversation and then will only stay within the borders of that conversation.

Seems like when I turn this option on in Outlook, it does seem to advise me that there is more than one email, but not a total number is spoken.  When I open this conversation and arrow down, then it just moves right out of this list and JAWS does not give me any indication that this was done.

Any help or input on this subject would be appreciated.  I looked around the web on this but did not find any info at all.

Mike

Mario

the directions would be handy to have. I would like a copy too, unless
you decide to post it.

[...]

thomas williams

send me the instruction as well.

[...]

Paul has instructions, if memory serves, that I helped him get started with to tweek the conversation view to his liking.

Currently, all of my mailing list folders state conversation, closed 5 messages, for example, and I right arrow to expand and perform the necessary actions, or I just delete the conversation if it’s not of interest.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

[...]

Hi Everyone,

It was actually one of the members from this list called Kimsan who helped me set up conversation view originally.

The instructions he wrote were well explained, clear and easy to follow, since they were so helpful I saved them for if I ever needed them again, so below are the instructions that Kimsam wrote for me to set up conversation view for those that are interested:

First make sure you are in the folder you would like to make the change.

After you are in the folder alt v for the view ribbon and tab to view settings and space bar.

Next tab to “description group by” and press enter or spacebar.

There will be a choice that says automatically group according to arangement and by default is checked, uncheck it.

Press your tab key and you will be in a combo box, expand it with alt down arrow Press C until you hear "conversation" of course without the quotes.

Tabbing one more time, you will have two radio buttons, make sure it's on the first radio button, ascending.

Tab to the combo box where it says "expand collapse defaults"

 and if it says last viewd, up arrow and place it on all collapse.

We are finished here, so now tab to the ok button and press spacebar.

Now tab to the sort button and press spacebar.  The first thing you should land on is "sort items by"

Press S until you get subject, then set that to asending. then tab to the next field set this to received and then asending. then go ok, then ok once more and all done

It may seem like a lot of instructions, but it really doesn’t take a moment to get it all set up and in my opinion worth every second of setting it up to get conversation view working well. Again huge thanks to Kimsan for putting the instructions together in the first place.

Regards

Paul

this out o

[...]

Yes I would like these instructions please.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at using JAWS with Outlook using the conversation view.

I am trying to compare it with the native iOS 10 app where IOS will advise how many emails are in the conversation and then will only stay within the borders of that conversation.

Seems like when I turn this option on in Outlook, it does seem to advise me that there is more than one email, but not a total number is spoken.  When I open this conversation and arrow down, then it just moves right out of this list and JAWS does not give me any indication that this was done.

Any help or input on this subject would be appreciated.  I looked around the web on this but did not find any info at all.

Mike

paul lemm

Hi Mike,

I actually posted the details here yesterday, not sure if you’ve already seen that post, if you haven’t I’ve copied  it and posted it below , that will give you all the instructions you need to set it up

[...]

Got it thanks a lot for this.

Yes I would like these instructions please.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at using JAWS with Outlook using the conversation view.

I am trying to compare it with the native iOS 10 app where IOS will advise how many emails are in the conversation and then will only stay within the borders of that conversation.

Seems like when I turn this option on in Outlook, it does seem to advise me that there is more than one email, but not a total number is spoken.  When I open this conversation and arrow down, then it just moves right out of this list and JAWS does not give me any indication that this was done.

Any help or input on this subject would be appreciated.  I looked around the web on this but did not find any info at all.

Mike

Sharon

Anyone know how to group messages by sender in Windows 7? Can’t remember the office version but it’s one that was out when Windows 7 was out.

Sharon

[...]

Jason White

Sharon <mt281820@comcast.net> wrote:
Anyone know how to group messages by sender in Windows 7? Can’t remember the
office version but it’s one that was out when Windows 7 was out.

The only version of Outlook that I have access to is Outlook 2016, where it's
under the View tab, in the Arrangement group box, under the "Arrange by"
submenu. After pressing the button to invoke the submenu, you're presented
with a grid of options, including the option to arrange by sender (the "from"
address).

I don't know how different this is from older versions of Outlook, but I'm
making an educated guess that it's probably similar and that if you look at
the options under the View tab, you should find it.

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

From 2007 all the way to the current version, it's been in the same spot, sir.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

Anyone know how to group messages by sender in Windows 7? Can’t
remember the office version but it’s one that was out when Windows 7 was out.

The only version of Outlook that I have access to is Outlook 2016, where it's under the View tab, in the Arrangement group box, under the "Arrange by"
submenu. After pressing the button to invoke the submenu, you're presented with a grid of options, including the option to arrange by sender (the "from"
address).

I don't know how different this is from older versions of Outlook, but I'm making an educated guess that it's probably similar and that if you look at the options under the View tab, you should find it.

Dave...

Kimsan -- Looks like it's working on this list.

Dave

Anyone know how to group messages by sender in Windows 7? Can’t
remember the office version but it’s one that was out when Windows 7 was
out.

The only version of Outlook that I have access to is Outlook 2016, where
it's under the View tab, in the Arrangement group box, under the "Arrange
by"
submenu. After pressing the button to invoke the submenu, you're presented
with a grid of options, including the option to arrange by sender (the
"from"
address).

I don't know how different this is from older versions of Outlook, but I'm
making an educated guess that it's probably similar and that if you look at
the options under the View tab, you should find it.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

It works in 2013. I tried it, but fixed it back with ascending like I like it, but the Alt-V and going through the ribbons will get you to Arrange by, and in 2013, there are nine options. But to get it back to ascending, after getting it back, I had to go to Alt-V-V-S.

Bye for now,

Carolyn