Jaws 2019 dowload trouble

David Pearson

Hello group:

Vispero f/k/n FS says that my Avast anti-virus program is interfering with my attempt to download, and run the 2019 Jaws, and they recommend removing/uninstalling it.

What anti-virus program are most list users using, and how did you acquire it?

Sincerely,

David Pearson

Christopher Zeigler

Hello you need to contact Avast to have Jaws whitelisted
Thanks Chris

On Nov 6, 2018 4:05 PM, "David Pearson" <dshawnpearson@...> wrote:
    Hello group:

Vispero f/k/n FS says that my Avast anti-virus program is interfering with
my attempt to download, and run the 2019 Jaws, and they recommend
removing/uninstalling it.

What anti-virus program are most list users using, and how  did you acquire
it?

Sincerely,

David Pearson

Advanced to have Jaws

I have been using Security Essentials in Windows 7 ever since it became available and in Windows 10 this now is Windows Defender.
Before then, in the early 2000's I used Eset NOD32, but for the last 10years or so I see no point in free or paid third party solutions. I have 4 works PC's where employees work and need to go online as well as my laptop at home. As long as you make sure you keep Windows updated and use common sense when it comes to clicking on links in emails or opening attachments you get you'll be just fine, I think I once had some sort of virus back in the late 90's and it wasn't anything major, but if you click on something whichinstalls software that locks your computer as in where you fall victim to one of those scams where then you need to pay somebody to unlock it again I doubt that most anti virus software will make a difference.
The nice thing with Windows Defender is that it's just there, I never do anything in terms of consciously updating it, I rarely run deliberate scans and it never seems to really interfere with anything like what you just described.

Regards,
Sieghard

Vispero f/k/n FS says that my Avast anti-virus program is interfering with
my attempt to download, and run the 2019 Jaws, and they recommend
removing/uninstalling it.

What anti-virus program are most list users using, and how did you acquire
it?

Sincerely,

David Pearson

Matthew Horspool

Hello David,

Have you tried downloading the full offline installer from the following URL? https://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/OfflineInstallers#jaws

Usually the installer has to download components as part of the installation process and perhaps this is what is triggering your security software. The offline installer is significantly larger (over 500 MB) but all of the components are included, so no downloading needs to happen on the fly.

Matthew