Is there a version of firefox that currently works with Jaws

Kimber Gardner

Hi All,

I'm getting a new laptop this week and I'm wondering what I should be
doing about a browser. I've used firefox in the past, but I know there
have been lots of problems recently.

So my question is whether those problems have been fixed? Or if not
what browser would people recommend for use with windows 10?

This is my first windows 10 laptop so I'm not sure what works best and
would have the least learning curve.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kim. All problems with the current version of JAWS and the current version of Firefox have been fixed. The only problem I have found is that, if you have Adobe Flash installed in Firefox, make sure that the plugin is set to Ask To Activate, instead of Always Activate. If the plugin is set to Always Activate, Firefox will freeze up.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I'm getting a new laptop this week and I'm wondering what I should be
doing about a browser. I've used firefox in the past, but I know there
have been lots of problems recently.

So my question is whether those problems have been fixed? Or if not
what browser would people recommend for use with windows 10?

This is my first windows 10 laptop so I'm not sure what works best and
would have the least learning curve.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Steve Matzura

Yes. The current version, 60.3.4, works well with JAWS  17 and up. A previous recent version did not work with anything older than JAWS 2018, but that appears to have been remedied with 60.3, as I discovered just the other day when I forgot to put JAWS 2018 on, and Firefox did not give me the message that my screenreading technology had been disabled. Nice one, Mozilla!

On 11/6/2018 10:13 AM, Kimber Gardner wrote:
Hi All,

I'm getting a new laptop this week and I'm wondering what I should be
doing about a browser. I've used firefox in the past, but I know there
have been lots of problems recently.

So my question is whether those problems have been fixed? Or if not
what browser would people recommend for use with windows 10?

This is my first windows 10 laptop so I'm not sure what works best and
would have the least learning curve.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Kim

Mario

it should be noted that the version of Firefox Steve talks about is the
Extended Support Release (ESR) version and not the regular Quantum
version which is at 63.0.1.

[...]

.

Mario

and how is that checked for? my friend is having that problem of Firefox
crashing.

I'm getting a new laptop this week and I'm wondering what I should be
doing about a browser. I've used firefox in the past, but I know there
have been lots of problems recently.

So my question is whether those problems have been fixed? Or if not
what browser would people recommend for use with windows 10?

This is my first windows 10 laptop so I'm not sure what works best and
would have the least learning curve.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Kim

renette bloem