Loosing Shortcuts For Microsoft Word And Excel In Office 365

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

Recently, I find that I am constantly loosing shortcuts to Microsoft Word and Excel in Office 365.

I invoke the shortcuts in the usual way by accessing properties in the given program, but after several days, they simply disappear.

I suspect this might have something to do with Office 365 updates, but can’t be sure.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  And, if so, do you have a fix?

I’m using Windows 7 and Jaws 2018 here.

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Hi Tom,

Not sure why this is happening, but you could try to simply put the shortcuts in the taskbar, in Windows 7 as well as Windows 10 you can access any application in the taskbar by pressing the Windows Key + the number corresponding to the application's position in the taskbar.

For example, if you have the following applications in your taskbar from left to write:

Google Chrome, Outlook, Excel, Word, Skype and Notepad

press the following keyboard shortcuts:

Windows Key + 1 for Google Chrome

Windows Key + 2 for Outlook

Windows Key + 3 for Excel

Windows Key + 4 for Word

Windows Key + 5 for Skype

Windows Key + 6 for Notepad

You can put up to 10 applications there and use 1 through 0 together with the Windows Key to access them, also, if you press Windows Key + Alt + 3 which in my example is for Excel you are bringing up the jumplist for the application and you can then arrow up or down to see the most recently used files.

Regards,

Sieghard

Recently, I find that I am constantly loosing shortcuts to Microsoft Word and Excel in Office 365.

I invoke the shortcuts in the usual way by accessing properties in the given program, but after several days, they simply disappear.

I suspect this might have something to do with Office 365 updates, but can’t be sure.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  And, if so, do you have a fix?

I’m using Windows 7 and Jaws 2018 here.

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Kimber Gardner

Wow, thanks for that tip. I never knew about that key combo.

--
Kimberly

Also, Windows Key + Shift + Number on the number row will start a new instance of the application.
If, for example, Notepad is in position 6 then Windows Key+6 will start Notepad. Let's say you want to open a new blank Notepad file instead of going back to the one already open. Press Windows Key+Shift+6 and a new instance of Notepad opens.
And remember, Windows Key+Alt+6 would bring up the so-called jump list which contains the recently used files, somewhere in Settings you can specify how many you want to show in the jump list, but I'd have to go hunt for that and I have to leave for work now.

Wow, thanks for that tip. I never knew about that key combo.

On 11/5/18, Tom Behler <tombehler@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

Recently, I find that I am constantly loosing shortcuts to Microsoft Word
and Excel in Office 365.

I invoke the shortcuts in the usual way by accessing properties in the
given
program, but after several days, they simply disappear.

I suspect this might have something to do with Office 365 updates, but
can't
be sure.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? And, if so, do you have a fix?

I'm using Windows 7 and Jaws 2018 here.

Dr. Tom Behler From Michigan

--
Kimberly

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Tom. Do you mean the desktop shortcut, or do you mean the shortcuts you use from inside Office?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Recently, I find that I am constantly loosing shortcuts to Microsoft Word and Excel in Office 365.

I invoke the shortcuts in the usual way by accessing properties in the given program, but after several days, they simply disappear.

I suspect this might have something to do with Office 365 updates, but can’t be sure.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  And, if so, do you have a fix?

I’m using Windows 7 and Jaws 2018 here.

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Kimber Gardner

That is super handy. Thanks again.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

The happy ending still beckons, and it is in the hope of grasping it that we go on.—Annie Proulx

On 11/5/18, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

Recently, I find that I am constantly loosing shortcuts to Microsoft Word
and Excel in Office 365.

I invoke the shortcuts in the usual way by accessing properties in the
given
program, but after several days, they simply disappear.

I suspect this might have something to do with Office 365 updates, but
can't
be sure.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  And, if so, do you have a fix?

I'm using Windows 7 and Jaws 2018 here.

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

--
Kimberly

Tom Behler

Thanks, Sieghard.

I’ll certainly use this strategy if I can’t resolve the problem otherwise.

Tom Behler

Recently, I find that I am constantly loosing shortcuts to Microsoft Word and Excel in Office 365.

I invoke the shortcuts in the usual way by accessing properties in the given program, but after several days, they simply disappear.

I suspect this might have something to do with Office 365 updates, but can’t be sure.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  And, if so, do you have a fix?

I’m using Windows 7 and Jaws 2018 here.

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Tom Behler

I’m sorry I was unclear, Bill.

I mean the desktop shortcuts.

I create them by going into the properties option for the given program, and create my shortcuts from there.

Tom Behler