From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2018 6:37 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: JAWS Won't Read Safeway Receipt

Dear Listers:

Safeway supermarket delivers my groceries.  Before each delivery, they send me an e-mail receipt.  JAWS will read the part of the receipt that lists the time of day and the order number, but it will not read the receipt itself.  Have any of you had this experience with Safeway, and did you get JAWS to read the receipt?  If so, how?

Rick Miller

Onwardbob

Yes this works, better with 2019 than 2018, but still not all that well.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

I get the occasional invoice from a supplier where this is the case. Just
use Jaws OCR and you should be fine.

Safeway supermarket delivers my groceries. Before each delivery, they send
me an e-mail receipt. JAWS will read the part of the receipt that lists the
time of day and the order number, but it will not read the receipt itself.
Have any of you had this experience with Safeway, and did you get JAWS to
read the receipt? If so, how?

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I thought OCR was just for PDF documents.  The receipt I am talking about is not a PDF file, it is an e-mail message.  When I tried to open up OCR JAWS wouldn’t start.

Rick Miller

I get the occasional invoice from a supplier where this is the case. Just use Jaws OCR and  you should be fine.