Jaws made accessible a new job opportunity: stenographer.

Daniele Casarola

Hi!
Together with Jaws developer we made accessible a job that it wasn't before: I mean to be a stenographer.

Basically it means to listen and transcribe, which is used for Court reporting, realtime subtitling, any situation where you have to type really really fast, as fast as a person speaks.
In the bast there was not audio feedback of what a stenographer types. Now a Jaws plugin allows it.

For those who are interested in deepening the subject I've made a simple video which explain broadly.:
https://youtu.be/oNlLTbTCRj8

Hope it can help somebody as it helped me.
Daniele.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Daniele,

That was a very nice and informative demo. Are you working as stenographer because this has been made possible?

Take care,

Sieghard

Together with Jaws developer we made accessible a job that it wasn't before: I mean to be a stenographer.

Basically it means to listen and transcribe, which is used for Court reporting, realtime subtitling, any situation where you have to type really really fast, as fast as a person speaks.
In the bast there was not audio feedback of what a stenographer types. Now a Jaws plugin allows it.

For those who are interested in deepening the subject I've made a simple video which explain broadly.:
https://youtu.be/oNlLTbTCRj8

Hope it can help somebody as it helped me.
Daniele.

Daniele Casarola

Hi Siegard,

I'm visually impaired, without a Screen Reader I cannot work.
So the answer is "yes", I work as stenographer because there tools which make accessible the workflow.

Daniele Casarola

Yes,

I'm visually impaired. Without a Screen Reader I can't work.

Ps
I was sure to have already answered, maybe I didn't press the "reply" button.

Peter Donahue

Good evening Danielle and everyone,

                First of all congratulations from Mary and myself. These are the kinds of stories we like reading on lists of this kind. Thanks to your new job and VFO's new pricing plan keeping Jaws up-to-date and buying additional copies will be less of a struggle for you. All the best.

Peter Donahue