From: Michael Amaro
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2018 6:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: safe boot and jaws 2019 issue

Hello Listers,

I am running windows 10 1803 latest jaws 2019.  IWent in to safe boot to run disk cleanup.  Tried loading jaws 2019, it wouldn't load.  Had to go back to jaws 2018 When in safe boot.

thanks

Michael Amaro

Michael Amaro

As I stated I had to go back to an older version of jaws.  To get in to safe boot,  windows key R type the following:

msconfig

Once msconfig loads,  control tab to boot tab.  Tab untill jaws says safe boot checkbox not checked check it.  Tab to okay Restart the computer.  Hope this helps.

Sent: Monday, November 5, 2018 3:08 AM
Subject: Re: safe boot and jaws 2019 issue

How did you get into safe boot with JAWS?

Andrew

I am running windows 10 1803 latest jaws 2019.  IWent in to safe boot to run disk cleanup.  Tried loading jaws 2019, it wouldn't load.  Had to go back to jaws 2018 When in safe boot.

thanks

Michael Amaro

charleseblack@...

I do not believe JAWS will work when you reboot. Will Narrator activate the
sound and work? Thanks!

How did you get into safe boot with JAWS?

Andrew

I am running windows 10 1803 latest jaws 2019. IWent in to safe boot to run
disk cleanup. Tried loading jaws 2019, it wouldn't load. Had to go back to
jaws 2018 When in safe boot.

thanks

Michael Amaro

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Yes, I do think that narator will work in safe mode now, this is a recent amendment but I must admit, I have never tried it.

I do not believe JAWS will work when you reboot. Will Narrator activate the sound and work? Thanks!

As I stated I had to go back to an older version of jaws. To get in to safe boot, windows key R type the following:

msconfig

Once msconfig loads, control tab to boot tab. Tab untill jaws says safe boot checkbox not checked check it. Tab to okay Restart the computer. Hope this helps.

How did you get into safe boot with JAWS?

Andrew

I am running windows 10 1803 latest jaws 2019. IWent in to safe boot to run disk cleanup. Tried loading jaws 2019, it wouldn't load. Had to go back to jaws 2018 When in safe boot.

thanks

Michael Amaro

paul lemm

Hi,

I had a major system issue the other day, I'm running windows 10, I've not
tried using safe mode and narrator before, but I can confirm yes narrator
worked just fine in safe mode and let me fix what I needed to get my PC back
up and running again.

Paul