How to create shortcut to desktop?

Gezim Rexha

Hi List,

I would appreciate if you could instruct me how to create a programme shortcut to desktop.

I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2018.

Cheers,

Gezim

Richard Turner

Are you talking about just getting to the desktop from anywhere? If so, hit the Windows key plus d.
If you meant something else, please say more.
Richard

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." __  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

On Nov 4, 2018, at 3:16 PM, Gezim Rexha <gezim_rexha@...> wrote:

Hi List,

I would appreciate if you could instruct me how to create a programme shortcut to desktop.

I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2018.

Cheers,

Gezim

I think he (or she) means to put a shortcut to a program on the desktop.

My question would first be which program, is it a regular desktop application or is it a Windows 10 app?

If it's just a program like Word, Excel or iTunes then just find it in your start menu or press the Windows key and type the name until it pops up, then press Shift+F10 and arrow down the menu options to "Open file Location" and press enter. This will put you directly either onto the application's shortcut or the actual executable. You could check, if it is already a shortcut you could just copy it, o to the desktop with Windows Key+M and then paste it. Whether it's a shortcut or an executable file you could also press Shift+F10 aain and arrow to "Send To", then expand with the right arrow and down arrow to "Desktop (Create Shortcut).".

Are you talking about just getting to the desktop from anywhere? If so, hit the Windows key plus d.

If you meant something else, please say more.

Richard

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." __  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

On Nov 4, 2018, at 3:16 PM, Gezim Rexha <gezim_rexha@...> wrote:

Hi List,

I would appreciate if you could instruct me how to create a programme shortcut to desktop.

I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2018.

Cheers,

Gezim

Gezim Rexha

Yes, I meant creating a programme shortcut to desktop. Following your instructions, I found one of the programmes, but Shift+ F10 menue did not contain ‘send to Desktop’, copy, or anyghing like that.

[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Yes, those instructions won’t work for Windows 10. Instead,

1. Press the Windows key plus R for the “Run” dialog.

2. Type:

shell:AppsFolder

into the Run dialog, and press ENTER.

3. Use first-letter navigation to find the app you’re looking for, or use left and right arrows to arrow through the programs until you find the one you want.

4. Press the Applications key, or SHIFT plus F10 to bring up the context menu.

5. Arrow down to “Create Shortcut, and press ENTER.

Now you will find a shortcut for the app you want on the desktop.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

That is why I asked which application you are trying to do this for. Anyways Bill already provided instructions on how to do this for Windows 10 Apps.