From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Donahue
Sent: Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Don't Make Assumptions!

Hello again everyone,

Truthfully we've suggested a number of different ideas to different blind individuals for generating needed income to cover the cost of technologhy. Some of these included dumpster diving,becoming certified Braille transcribers and proofreaders along with other ideas. Before writing this note I sent a message to an old schoolfriend of mine who has written a number of books one of which is in audio format. He said that his audio version sold out and he no longer had copies on CD but could provide them in MP3 format. I suggested making his book available through Audible allowing many others to buy it in an audio format and adding an additional source of passive income to his portfolio. That has as much to do with network marketing as this list! All the best.

Peter Donahue

James Lockwood <lockwoodnd@...>

Dumpster diving? I find that offensive. If you recommend blind people go dumpster diving then you are an idiot. And I don’t care if your offended by that. Deal with it.

On Nov 3, 2018, at 10:02 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

Dumster diving? Is this your sense of humour or are you actually serious?

Truthfully we've suggested a number of different ideas to different blind individuals for generating needed income to cover the cost of technologhy. Some of these included dumpster diving,becoming certified Braille transcribers and proofreaders along with other ideas. Before writing this note I sent a message to an old schoolfriend of mine who has written a number of books one of which is in audio format. He said that his audio version sold out and he no longer had copies on CD but could provide them in MP3 format. I suggested making his book available through Audible allowing many others to buy it in an audio format and adding an additional source of passive income to his portfolio. That has as much to do with network marketing as this list! All the best.

Peter Donahue

David & his pack of dogs

I found the message James was referring too. When my brother lived with us before I got married, I would get reports of him going into people's recycling box that they had put out on the curb to be picked up by the municipality and taking out the empty pop cans or beer cans . Then he would take them to a store and cash them in for money. This is how he would supplement his income. To me this is steeling. Now, having said this, we run dogs on a trail and frequently find the same things, empties. We cash them in, however, to us it is just cleaning up the environment. Especially when the amount we cashed in could not even pay for a 32 G, SD card. There was someone that would go to beaches on weekends and clean them up. She made enough money doing this each year that she could go to Hawaii every year.

[...]

I forgot to mention, neither my brother or the person I referred to as cleaning up the beaches of empty pop and beer cans, were blind.