Can scripts be made for particular websites?

Shannon

Hello,

I am kind of in a bind. The time collection program we use here at work is no longer going to be supported on the desk top version. I had scripts developed for this version but now they are moving to the web platform.

At best I think the site is poorley written. It is entirely  possible that I don’t have all the skills to work with this site but I have found several unlabled elements, The virtual curser treats the lines in a grid as one continuous line to be read instead of individual elements, and there are bound to be more things I haven’t found yet.

If I contact the rehab agency here to help can it even be done? Can a script be written for a web application?

Or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Shannon

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Yes, I am almost positive that one can now script a particular web page.  In addition, and perhaps more attainable, In Quick Settings, you can also change settings for a specific (current) page.  You can label elements, perhaps use place markers.

I am kind of in a bind. The time collection program we use here at work is no longer going to be supported on the desk top version. I had scripts developed for this version but now they are moving to the web platform.

At best I think the site is poorley written. It is entirely  possible that I don’t have all the skills to work with this site but I have found several unlabled elements, The virtual curser treats the lines in a grid as one continuous line to be read instead of individual elements, and there are bound to be more things I haven’t found yet.

If I contact the rehab agency here to help can it even be done? Can a script be written for a web application?

Or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Shannon

Mario

as I hear, scripts can be developed, but I have no idea how to even
start. FS has a free webinar that describes how to do this.

I am kind of in a bind. The time collection program we use here at work
is no longer going to be supported on the desk top version. I had
scripts developed for this version but now they are moving to the web
platform.

At best I think the site is poorley written. It is entirely  possible
that I don’t have all the skills to work with this site but I have found
several unlabled elements, The virtual curser treats the lines in a grid
as one continuous line to be read instead of individual elements, and
there are bound to be more things I haven’t found yet.

If I contact the rehab agency here to help can it even be done? Can a
script be written for a web application?

Or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Shannon

Shannon

Ok thanks I’ll dig around in the help and see what is there for the web page settings.

Appreciate the pointer.

Shannon

[...]

I have the same issue with the Payroll service I use for my business. In order to process the payroll everybody's hours need to be entered in a grid and Jaws also sees the entire grid as a single item or something like that. I mentioned to my rep there that I'd like to speak to somebody about accessibility and point out some of these difficulties and about a week later I got an email from one of their top people who asked if I would be available 3 days from that time for a conference call where he was going to have some of the web developers who maintain the site available to have a look. I showed them my screen and how difficult/impossible it was to do this and they consequently thanked me and asked if I would be willing to test this for them if they made changes. They also were hoping to contact Vispero to get some guidance on what they would need to do. I was very pleasantly surprised by their responsiveness and willingness to try and improve this, it won't happen over ight, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Have you tried to contact the company whose service/application this is? I thought there are also laws in the US as far as accessibility is concerned.

I am kind of in a bind. The time collection program we use here at work is no longer going to be supported on the desk top version. I had scripts developed for this version but now they are moving to the web platform.

At best I think the site is poorley written. It is entirely  possible that I don’t have all the skills to work with this site but I have found several unlabled elements, The virtual curser treats the lines in a grid as one continuous line to be read instead of individual elements, and there are bound to be more things I haven’t found yet.

If I contact the rehab agency here to help can it even be done? Can a script be written for a web application?

Or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Shannon

Shannon

I have tried to get through to the developers for this but sales and support seem to be shielding them. I had told support many times how important keyboard access is but the message never made it or it fell on deaf ears. Since I was able to have scripts to fix the desk top version they probibly figure I should be able to do it again.
I don‘T know of any laws with respect to private companies and accessibility of their products.

I am having a devil of a time trying to get the scripter that worked on the last version to even look at it to see if it can be done. I have asked him three times how much the evaluation would cost and he wont answer me. I need to know if i can use it asap. The renewal is time sensitive.

On Nov 2, 2018, at 10:11 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

[...]

What program are you working with? This is also a payroll program.

[...]

I use a company called Payworks, but I think they are Canadian only.

They are also not keeping track of time/hours, we do that through our Point of Sales system which has a time clock which is super simple to use, an employee comes to work, they walk up to the cash register computer, press Control+Shift+F4 which is the shortcut key for the Time Clock, they enter their 2-digit clerk number, their 4-digit PIN and press enter, the program display "Punch In" and they press enter once more and that's it.

If they leave for lunch or are done for the day, they repeat these steps, once somebody is punched in the next time you do this you only have the option to "Punch Out", you press enter and it's done.

Whenever I need to process my payroll I press Alt+R in the Manager module of the software for Reports, I arrow to the right group of reports, select the Time Clock Report and then I select my filter which is "Time In", I tab a few times to the start date, adjust it to reflect the first day of this pay period, then I tab once and set the end date (2 weeks later since I pay every 2 weeks, 26 annual pay periods) and then I click OK. I get a report which shows each employee, their total hours and a detailed list of each day in the time period I selected and when they punched in and out. I click on Export and save this as a CSV file which I can then open in Excel to take a closer look if I want.

On the Payworks website we only click on Process Payroll, select "Grid View" which brings up the grid of employees and enter each employees hours. For us it's straight forward, there is of course a spot for overtime hours and all that, but for me it's always just regular hours, every so often when there is a holiday I have to put 8 hours into that spot for employees who are full-time and qualify for holiday pay and of course if somebody wants to be paid out some of their vacation pay we have to enter an amount in that field.

This grid at this point is not accessible, it will be interesting to see if my conversation and demo will bring about a change at some point in the next 3 to 6 months which I think would be a reasonable time period where I could expect something if they are indeed serious about this.

Best regards,

Sieghard

I am kind of in a bind. The time collection program we use here at work is no longer going to be supported on the desk top version. I had scripts developed for this version but now they are moving to the web platform.

At best I think the site is poorley written. It is entirely  possible that I don’t have all the skills to work with this site but I have found several unlabled elements, The virtual curser treats the lines in a grid as one continuous line to be read instead of individual elements, and there are bound to be more things I haven’t found yet.

If I contact the rehab agency here to help can it even be done? Can a script be written for a web application?

Or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Shannon

Who have you used for scripting?