Topics

Searching Outlook 2016 calendar

Alan Robbins

Using latest 1803 version, Jaws 2019 and MS office 2016, what is the most efficient and Jaws friendly way to search the calendar for a past appointment? Used to do this on Office 2010 and have not since updating to Office 2016 but old way does not produce the same results. Googled this but did not find any good answered so before doing more advanced searches figured I’d check with the list.

Al

CJ &AA MAY

When in Calendar, is there any way of exiting without exiting Outlook?

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: 31 October 2018 16:04
To: JFWList <jfw@groups.IO>
Subject: Searching Outlook 2016 calendar

Using latest 1803 version, Jaws 2019 and MS office 2016, what is the most efficient and Jaws friendly way to search the calendar for a past appointment? Used to do this on Office 2010 and have not since updating to Office 2016 but old way does not produce the same results. Googled this but did not find any good answered so before doing more advanced searches figured I’d check with the list.

Al

Van Lant, Robin

Allison,

Do you mean that you want to return to Mail from Calendar?  If this is the case, then Control 1 will take you back to your inbox.  Also, Control Shift I will take you to the Inbox from wherever you are in Outlook. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of CJ &AA MAY
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; 'JFWList' <jfw@groups.IO>
Subject: Re: Searching Outlook 2016 calendar

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io

Al

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

Al,

I don’t’ recall how calendar searches worked in past versions, but here is what I do in Outlook 2016.  Go into the Calendar. Hit Control E to the Search edit box.  Type your search term.  If you have office sounds turned on, you’ll heard a little run of ascending tones as the search completes.  Now, hit F6 until you hear JAWS say list view then arrow down through the options.  I noticed in my text just now that it pulls in calendar related items, such as meeting invitation notices.  In a home calendar this is likely fine, but certainly adds clutter to search results in a setting where you send meeting invitations to people.

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:04 AM

Al

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

CJ &AA MAY

Thank you very much; this is exactly what I needed to know, that is, how to return to my e-mails.

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: 31 October 2018 19:36
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Allison,

Do you mean that you want to return to Mail from Calendar?  If this is the case, then Control 1 will take you back to your inbox.  Also, Control Shift I will take you to the Inbox from wherever you are in Outlook. 

Alison

Al

CJ &AA MAY

How do you switch on Outlook sounds please.

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: 31 October 2018 19:43

Al,

I don’t’ recall how calendar searches worked in past versions, but here is what I do in Outlook 2016.  Go into the Calendar. Hit Control E to the Search edit box.  Type your search term.  If you have office sounds turned on, you’ll heard a little run of ascending tones as the search completes.  Now, hit F6 until you hear JAWS say list view then arrow down through the options.  I noticed in my text just now that it pulls in calendar related items, such as meeting invitation notices.  In a home calendar this is likely fine, but certainly adds clutter to search results in a setting where you send meeting invitations to people.

Al

Mario

as I remember, you'll need to download and install the sound pack file
from Microsoft and enable sound feedback in Office 2013. I don't
remember the exact steps to perform the latter.

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Thursday, Nov 1, 2018 10:11 AM EST

Alison

*From:*main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Van Lant,
Robin via Groups.Io
*Sent:* 31 October 2018 19:43
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: Searching Outlook 2016 calendar

Al,

I don’t’ recall how calendar searches worked in past versions, but here
is what I do in Outlook 2016.  Go into the Calendar. Hit Control E to
the Search edit box.  Type your search term.  If you have office sounds
turned on, you’ll heard a little run of ascending tones as the search
completes.  Now, hit F6 until you hear JAWS say list view then arrow
down through the options.  I noticed in my text just now that it pulls
in calendar related items, such as meeting invitation notices.  In a
home calendar this is likely fine, but certainly adds clutter to search
results in a setting where you send meeting invitations to people.

<main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Alan
Robbins via Groups.Io
*Sent:* Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:04 AM
*To:* JFWList <jfw@groups.IO <mailto:jfw@groups.IO>>
*Subject:* Searching Outlook 2016 calendar

Using latest 1803 version, Jaws 2019 and MS office 2016, what is the
most efficient and Jaws friendly way to search the calendar for a past
appointment? Used to do this on Office 2010 and have not since updating
to Office 2016 but old way does not produce the same results. Googled
this but did not find any good answered so before doing more advanced
searches figured I’d check with the list.

Al

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from
disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If
you received this communication in error, please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic
or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal
information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or
redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the
services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or
services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional
E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

Allison,

To turn on Office Sounds, go into the File menu with Alt F and then T for options.  Arrow up and down to the Ease of Access option then tab until you hear the checkbox for turning on office sounds.  This is in Office 2016. 

Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:11 AM

Alison

Sent: 31 October 2018 19:43

Al,

Al

Steve Nutt

Hi Alison,

To expand on this post, Control+1 goes to Email, Control+2 to contacts and Control+3 to calendar from wherever you are in Outlook.

All the best

Steve

Sent: 01 November 2018 09:49

Thank you very much; this is exactly what I needed to know, that is, how to return to my e-mails.

Alison

Allison,

Alison

Al

Stan Holdeman

In my Outlook control 2 goes to calender and control 3 to contacts.

Did you mis-speak or do I have a strange copy of Outlook?

Stan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 4:10 AM

Hi Alison,

To expand on this post, Control+1 goes to Email, Control+2 to contacts and Control+3 to calendar from wherever you are in Outlook.

All the best

Steve

Alison

Allison,

Alison

Al

Steve Nutt

Yes, I got them the wrong way round.  Sorry.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stan Holdeman
Sent: 19 November 2018 09:59

In my Outlook control 2 goes to calender and control 3 to contacts.

Did you mis-speak or do I have a strange copy of Outlook?

Stan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 4:10 AM

Hi Alison,

All the best

Steve

Alison

Allison,

Alison

Al