From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: 31 October 2018 16:04
To: JFWList <jfw@groups.IO>
Subject: Searching Outlook 2016 calendar

Using latest 1803 version, Jaws 2019 and MS office 2016, what is the most efficient and Jaws friendly way to search the calendar for a past appointment? Used to do this on Office 2010 and have not since updating to Office 2016 but old way does not produce the same results. Googled this but did not find any good answered so before doing more advanced searches figured I’d check with the list.

Al

Van Lant, Robin

Allison,

Do you mean that you want to return to Mail from Calendar?  If this is the case, then Control 1 will take you back to your inbox.  Also, Control Shift I will take you to the Inbox from wherever you are in Outlook.

When in Calendar, is there any way of exiting without exiting Outlook?

Alison

Using latest 1803 version, Jaws 2019 and MS office 2016, what is the most efficient and Jaws friendly way to search the calendar for a past appointment? Used to do this on Office 2010 and have not since updating to Office 2016 but old way does not produce the same results. Googled this but did not find any good answered so before doing more advanced searches figured I’d check with the list.

Al

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Van Lant, Robin

Al,

I don’t’ recall how calendar searches worked in past versions, but here is what I do in Outlook 2016.  Go into the Calendar. Hit Control E to the Search edit box.  Type your search term.  If you have office sounds turned on, you’ll heard a little run of ascending tones as the search completes.  Now, hit F6 until you hear JAWS say list view then arrow down through the options.  I noticed in my text just now that it pulls in calendar related items, such as meeting invitation notices.  In a home calendar this is likely fine, but certainly adds clutter to search results in a setting where you send meeting invitations to people.

Using latest 1803 version, Jaws 2019 and MS office 2016, what is the most efficient and Jaws friendly way to search the calendar for a past appointment? Used to do this on Office 2010 and have not since updating to Office 2016 but old way does not produce the same results. Googled this but did not find any good answered so before doing more advanced searches figured I’d check with the list.

Al

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

CJ &AA MAY

Thank you very much; this is exactly what I needed to know, that is, how to return to my e-mails.

Alison

Do you mean that you want to return to Mail from Calendar?  If this is the case, then Control 1 will take you back to your inbox.  Also, Control Shift I will take you to the Inbox from wherever you are in Outlook.

When in Calendar, is there any way of exiting without exiting Outlook?

Alison

Using latest 1803 version, Jaws 2019 and MS office 2016, what is the most efficient and Jaws friendly way to search the calendar for a past appointment? Used to do this on Office 2010 and have not since updating to Office 2016 but old way does not produce the same results. Googled this but did not find any good answered so before doing more advanced searches figured I’d check with the list.

Al

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

CJ &AA MAY

How do you switch on Outlook sounds please.

Alison

[...]

Mario

as I remember, you'll need to download and install the sound pack file
from Microsoft and enable sound feedback in Office 2013. I don't
remember the exact steps to perform the latter.