From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws 2019

Being a fairly new Jaws user is there any real reason to keep Jaws 2018 installed after installing Jaws 2019?

Also there is a lot of Fs listings under programs and features. To remove Jaws 2018 do I only uninstall the one that says FS Jaws 2018 and ignor the rest?

Thanks

Dave...

I advised you always keep at least one older version of jaws on the machine. You can have several version installed at the same time, as long as you run only one at a time. Wait for the bugs to be completely free from the person you want to use. Before you remove the older version. Of course, that could mean you never remove the older version. It’s a matter of preference.

Dave

On Oct 30, 2018, at 12:57 PM, Michael Mote <miketmote73@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Michael Munn

When you uninstalling FS product from your PC only uninstall the product that you want to uninstall.
Do not press the remove Share component.
Thanks

On Oct 30, 2018, at 3:57 PM, Michael Mote <miketmote73@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi there. If I were you, I would keep JAWS 2018 around for a bit, until you are sure that there are no problems with the new version. It is up to you though.

Being a fairly new Jaws user is there any real reason to keep Jaws 2018 installed after installing Jaws 2019?

Also there is a lot of Fs listings under programs and features. To remove Jaws 2018 do I only uninstall the one that says FS Jaws 2018 and ignor the rest?

Thanks

Don H

Did not see the shorteer load time for Jaws during the beta but it is definitely loading faster after installing Jaws 2019.

Dan Longmore

Just do not uninstall shared components.

Being a fairly new Jaws user is there any real reason to keep Jaws 2018 installed after installing Jaws 2019?

Also there is a lot of Fs listings under programs and features. To remove Jaws 2018 do I only uninstall the one that says FS Jaws 2018 and ignor the rest?

Thanks

dennis

yes... i still use 16 on my win7 machine all the time.

On 10/30/2018 3:29 PM, Dave... wrote:
I advised you always keep at least one older version of jaws on the machine. You can have several version installed at the same time, as long as you run only one at a time. Wait for the bugs to be completely free from the person you want to use. Before you remove the older version. Of course, that could mean you never remove the older version. It’s a matter of preference.

Dave
On Oct 30, 2018, at 12:57 PM, Michael Mote <miketmote73@...> wrote:

Hi

Chris Hill

Well, it depends on you.  I ran the beta programs, so I'll go and delete jaws 2018, everything seems fine here.  If you didn't run the betas, you might want to give it a month.

CH