SMA

Don H

So I just downloaded and installed Jaws 2019 which used up my last SMaA.  Is it advisible to purchase a new SMA right away or wait until it is close for Jaws 2020 to come out?

Marianne Denning

VFO tells you to update by the end of the year. I usually wait until the next year. I do run the risk of forgetting to purchase the new SMA.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: SMA

So I just downloaded and installed Jaws 2019 which used up my last SMaA. Is it advisible to purchase a new SMA right away or wait until it is close for Jaws 2020 to come out?

Don H

Can you purchase a SMA on line or have to call in?

On 10/30/2018 10:45 AM, Marianne Denning wrote:
VFO tells you to update by the end of the year. I usually wait until the next year. I do run the risk of forgetting to purchase the new SMA.

So I just downloaded and installed Jaws 2019 which used up my last SMaA. Is it advisible to purchase a new SMA right away or wait until it is close for Jaws 2020 to come out?

david Jennette

You can purchase one online.

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: SMA

Van Lant, Robin

I was just listening to an FS Cast this morning that said we will get the best pricing if we renew our SMA by yearend. I, too, will use up my last upgrade when I download 2019, so I'm going to buy the SMA shortly after.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:46 AM

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Alicia Starner <astarner@...>

Hello,

If you purchase a new SMA by the end of the year you will be paying $120 for it, however, if you wait until closer to JAWS2020 is released you will pay an additional $60. It is totally up to you, but purchasing it before the end of the year saves you $60.

Alicia

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:44 AM

So I just downloaded and installed Jaws 2019 which used up my last SMaA.  Is it advisible to purchase a new SMA right away or wait until it is close for Jaws 2020 to come out?

David Pearson

Hello list:

A recent post recommended keeping the prior version of Jaws at least until they work out any "bugs" found on new release. Aren't these what the periodic updates do?

Second question: What is the current price of the SMA, and how many updates does this entitle you to?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:45 PM

I was just listening to an FS Cast this morning that said we will get the best pricing if we renew our SMA by yearend. I, too, will use up my last upgrade when I download 2019, so I'm going to buy the SMA shortly after.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Dan Longmore

Hi,
Last I knew price of SMA for Home version of JAWS was $120 which entitles you to 2 releases and their updates. Sometimes, the SMA price may increase after end of year. I am not certain if this is still the case.

It is good to keep a prior version of JAWS on your system. For example I am keeping JAWS 2018 until I am certain that major bugs or issues do not exist with final release. Also, in certain cases a prior version of JAWS may work better with a program than the newest release. Not usually but in some rare cases and in fact Vespiro recommends this idea.
So I make the latest version of JAWS to start at log on and just keep the old program on the system and assign it a different short cut key in case I need it.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Pearson
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 5:24 PM

Hello list:

A recent post recommended keeping the prior version of Jaws at least until they work out any "bugs" found on new release. Aren't these what the periodic updates do?

Second question: What is the current price of the SMA, and how many updates does this entitle you to?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:45 PM

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails'
in the
SUBJECT line.

Tom <tomcat509@...>

I think that being able to purchase the SMA on line refers only to those living in the US.

Tom

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of david Jennette
Sent: Wednesday, 31 October 2018 2:41 AM

Don H

I just got my SMA renewed for $120 for two updates.  Remember when I was a Window Eyes user it cost $295 for a SMA that gave you three updates.

On 10/30/2018 6:00 PM, Tom wrote:
I think that being able to purchase the SMA on line refers only to those living in the US.

Tom

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of david Jennette

James Homuth

You think correctly. I can't even get a price for it online and I'm in Canada. Now, if I could just be convinced to tolerate picking up a phone...

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: October-30-18 7:01 PM

Tom

Michael Munn

Yes As far I know that only people live in the States have this capability to perchas Software maintenance agreement online.

"If a person must be blind, it is better to be blind in Iowa than anywhere else in the nation or in the world."
Harold Russell, 
Des Moines 
Michael Munn
Member:
Virginia Association of Blind Student
Delegate:  
Virginia Association of Blind Student
Student of:
Hadley Institute for the Blind
Email address:

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 7:01 PM Tom <tomcat509@...> wrote:

Tom

> VFO tells you to update by the end of the year. I usually wait until the next year. I do run the risk of forgetting to purchase the new SMA.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
> Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:44 AM
> To: main@jfw.groups.io
> Subject: SMA
>
> So I just downloaded and installed Jaws 2019 which used up my last SMaA.  Is it advisible to purchase a new SMA right away or wait until it is close for Jaws 2020 to come out?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The last time I renewed my Jaws SMA in Canada it was through a company called Canadialog, you can try emailing or calling them:

Email: admin@canadialog.com
Phone: 1-888-730-0003

Take care,
Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 4:55 PM

You think correctly. I can't even get a price for it online and I'm in Canada. Now, if I could just be convinced to tolerate picking up a phone...

Tom

James Homuth

Don't think they're an authorized dealer anymore.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: October-31-18 1:26 AM

The last time I renewed my Jaws SMA in Canada it was through a company called Canadialog, you can try emailing or calling them:

Email: admin@canadialog.com

Take care,
Sieghard

Tom

Well, then I guess you can call Vispero and they'll tell you who to contact here. I did see something about Optelec Canada and they list Jaws Professional and Jaws Home with or without SMA for sale online, but I did not just see the SMA separately.

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:03 PM

Don't think they're an authorized dealer anymore.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel

Sent: October-31-18 1:26 AM

Email: admin@...

Take care,

Sieghard

Tom

> VFO tells you to update by the end of the year. I usually wait until the next year. I do run the risk of forgetting to purchase the new SMA.

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H

> Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:44 AM

> To: main@jfw.groups.io

> Subject: SMA

> So I just downloaded and installed Jaws 2019 which used up my last SMaA.  Is it advisible to purchase a new SMA right away or wait until it is close for Jaws 2020 to come out?

>

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

You could either buy a new SMA, or you could subscribe to jaws for $90 a year, $270 for 3 years or $450 for 5 years of jaws. 

Cristóbal

I would have to imagine that the SMA model will be fazed out. Probably just a curtesy for all of us who are on the full licenses to grab the cheaper yearly SMA pricing one last time before the eventual switch over.

I went ahead and upped my SMA since JFW 2019was my last upgrade.

$60 a year now sounds better than $90 or whatever they’re going to charge down the road. Even then, I’d have no issue paying $90 a year for Jaws.

Cristóbal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:27 AM

You could either buy a new SMA, or you could subscribe to jaws for $90 a year, $270 for 3 years or $450 for 5 years of jaws. 

Michael Amaro

They mainly did the subscription service for those that are behind in there jaws versions.

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:06 AM

I would have to imagine that the SMA model will be fazed out. Probably just a curtesy for all of us who are on the full licenses to grab the cheaper yearly SMA pricing one last time before the eventual switch over.

$60 a year now sounds better than $90 or whatever they’re going to charge down the road. Even then, I’d have no issue paying $90 a year for Jaws.

Cristóbal

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

Hi Michael. I heard you on the last FS Cast live from last via podcast. Anyway my wife and I took advantage of this yesterday since she was still on JAWS V 18 and I didn’t have a version of JAWS on my PC. I commend Vispero for doing this for those who are behind or are on a fixed income like most of here in the US. Folks who use Zoom Text will have this new licensing portal for them on Thursday. I’m happy to have both JAWS and NVDA.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 2:18 PM

They mainly did the subscription service for those that are behind in there jaws versions.

Cristóbal

Michael Munn

On Oct 31, 2018, at 2:32 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Hi Michael. I heard you on the last FS Cast live from last via podcast. Anyway my wife and I took advantage of this yesterday since she was still on JAWS V 18 and I didn’t have a version of JAWS on my PC. I commend Vispero for doing this for those who are behind or are on a fixed income like most of here in the US. Folks who use Zoom Text will have this new licensing portal for them on Thursday. I’m happy to have both JAWS and NVDA.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 2:18 PM

Cristóbal

It is always better to have a portable copy of the NVDA screen reader. 
You don't have to install NVDA on to your computer but you need to have a portable  screen reader on hand. 
I use Jaws at home and I use NVDA while I'm traveling.