photo copier program

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a free photo copier program which works with Jaws and W10?

Thanks

Tom

Barbara <batterseye@...>

Hi Tom,

I am not sure if either of my thoughts fit, but in case they might here they are.

My Canon printer can photocopy without any special software.  There is a button I can press and a photocopy is produced.  Maybe your printer has a similar feature.  Check with tech support on this for the printer company.

Second before this printer was acquired, I used the photocopy feature in Open Book.  It is not free software, but if you already have this program, take advantage of the photocopy feature.

Good luck.

Barbara

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2018 1:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: photo copier program

Hi,

Thanks

Tom

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Also if running win 10 when you

Have the item active do control p for the print dialog and in choose printer box arrow to Microsoft print to p d f

Then when you hit the print button you get a dialog to name the file and after that hit save and then find where you saved it and open it and print it

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barbara
Sent: October 28, 2018 6:58
Subject: Re: photo copier program

Hi Tom,

I am not sure if either of my thoughts fit, but in case they might here they are.

My Canon printer can photocopy without any special software.  There is a button I can press and a photocopy is produced.  Maybe your printer has a similar feature.  Check with tech support on this for the printer company.

Second before this printer was acquired, I used the photocopy feature in Open Book.  It is not free software, but if you already have this program, take advantage of the photocopy feature.

Good luck.

Barbara

Hi,

Thanks

Tom

Barbara <batterseye@...>

I am curious.  Normally you need a photocopy of something that is on paper and not in your computer, so I am not certain how your directions below would help for a paper document.  I may not be understanding this of course.

Barbara

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of george b
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:38 AM

Also if running win 10 when you

Have the item active do control p for the print dialog and in choose printer box arrow to Microsoft print to p d f

Then when you hit the print button you get a dialog to name the file and after that hit save and then find where you saved it and open it and print it

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barbara
Sent: October 28, 2018 6:58

Hi Tom,

Good luck.

Barbara

Hi,

Thanks

Tom

Richard Turner

Tom,

Text Cloner Pro might be an option though it isn’t free.  I cannot find a price on their web site, but I think it is around $100..

Text Cloner Pro does a good job and is most certainly way less expensive than Openbook or Kurzweil.  It does have the copy function you are looking for and works with any Twain compatible scanner.

You can call them on Monday, U.S. & Canada: 888-514-9117

Web site to read about it:

http://www.premierliteracy.net/PCTCP

HTH,

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 11:44 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Tom

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Thanks to those who replied to my query about a photo copier programme. 

You have given me some ideas which I’ll check out particularly regarding my Epson scanner.  Last time I tried the Epson scanner programme it was not speech friendly but will revisit it.

Tom

Barbara <batterseye@...>

Hi tom,

I am not familiar with Epson, but I just want to say the Canon printer I have only needs for me to push one button to get a photocopy.  I do not need to use any of the printer's menus which are not accessible.  Smile.  I hope your find a good solution.

Barbara

Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2018 6:24 PM

You have given me some ideas which I’ll check out particularly regarding my Epson scanner.  Last time I tried the Epson scanner programme it was not speech friendly but will revisit it.

Tom

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Hi Barbara,

Sounds like you have a Canon multi function printer where mine is only just a HP printer.

I looked at the multi printers when purchasing the HP but didn’t have the desk space for such a large unit.

Cheers

Tom

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Barbara
Sent: Monday, 29 October 2018 9:58 AM

Hi tom,

I am not familiar with Epson, but I just want to say the Canon printer I have only needs for me to push one button to get a photocopy.  I do not need to use any of the printer's menus which are not accessible.  Smile.  I hope your find a good solution.

Barbara

Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2018 6:24 PM

Tom