From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2018 12:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Alternative disk management software accessible using a
screen-reader

Hello everyone:

as the subject says, I am looking for such software to try and delete the
existing partition on my USB memory stick and return it to its full size of
64 GB.

I have tried using the Disk Partition and Formatting program which comes
with Windows and the command line DiskPart program with no success.

So, I am hoping that someone can suggest an alternative program for me to
try.

Thanks in anticipation for any suggestions.

Dave Durber

John Covici

What did not work with diskpart?

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 00:34:29 -0400,
Dave Durber wrote:

Hello everyone:

as the subject says, I am looking for such software to try and
delete the existing partition on my USB memory stick and return
it to its full size of 64 GB.

I have tried using the Disk Partition and Formatting program
which comes with Windows and the command line DiskPart program
with no success.

So, I am hoping that someone can suggest an alternative program
for me to try.

Thanks in anticipation for any suggestions.

Dave Durber

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Dave Durber

Hello John:

Following several searches on line, for instructions on how to delete a partition/volume on a USB memory stick, several of which suggested I type the command line:

delete partition

When I tried this command, Windows displayed the message:

No drive is selected.

Then I came across a sight which suggested the command:

clean

which did the trick

Once I closed DiskPart and closed the CMD window, I used the partition and format manager to see if the entire 64 GB was now available as . unalocated space.

I'm sorry to say, for me anyway, the only unalocated space available, was 8 GB.

So, it looks like the rest of the available space between 8 GB an 64 GB no longer exists, that is as far as Windows is concerned.

So, I am off to search for another 64 GB memory stick at a good discounted price.

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me with this problem.

Dave Durber

as the subject says, I am looking for such software to try and
delete the existing partition on my USB memory stick and return
it to its full size of 64 GB.

I have tried using the Disk Partition and Formatting program
which comes with Windows and the command line DiskPart program
with no success.

So, I am hoping that someone can suggest an alternative program
for me to try.

Thanks in anticipation for any suggestions.

Dave Durber

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

John Covici

You have to select the drive first and then the partition if there is
more than one and then you can delete it. Do help while you are in
diskpart for more information.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Covici"
<covici@...>
as the subject says, I am looking for such software to try and
delete the existing partition on my USB memory stick and return
it to its full size of 64 GB.

I have tried using the Disk Partition and Formatting program
which comes with Windows and the command line DiskPart program
with no success.

So, I am hoping that someone can suggest an alternative program
for me to try.

Thanks in anticipation for any suggestions.

Dave Durber

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

William Vandervest

Where can I get this disk-part program?
Thanks

Dave Durber

Hello William:

DiskPart, is included with your installation of Windows.

Dave Durber