Problems With Searching For A Lost File On The Computer

Gudrun,

           If you know you have a 64-bit machine then download the 64-bit version.  If you downloaded the 32-bit version it would run just fine, too.  You can run 32-bit programs on 64-bit systems but not vice-versa.  In fact, many of the programs all of us are still using come only in 32-bit versions because there was nothing necessary to their functioning that required the extended memory addressing that 64-bit allows (among other things).

           Generally 64- bit versions of things contain 'x64' as part of their names while 32-bit versions have 'x86' as part of their names.  This is an anachronism from the era when the Intel 8086 processor hit the market and 32-bit was a big deal.
--
Brian

         ~ William James

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Gudrun. Try the file with 64 in the name. If you don't have a 64-bit system, it won't install. Then you will know to download the other file.
Bill White billwhite92701@...