Excel: unable to edit a cell using f2

Ann Byrne

Office 2016, JAWS 2018.180.10 and 2019, windows 10 build 1803.

Pressing f2 to edit a cell, I can hear the cell content but cannot navigate using the arrow keys. Is there a setting to make this possible?
Thanks,

Chris Hill

Hmmm, I haven't changed any settings from the default and it is working here fine, at least with the latest beta, I haven't tried anything else.

On 10/19/2018 06:29, Ann Byrne wrote:
Office 2016, JAWS 2018.180.10 and 2019, windows 10 build 1803.

Pressing f2 to edit a cell, I can hear the cell content but cannot navigate using the arrow keys.  Is there a setting to make this possible?
Thanks,

Dale Alton <blinkydale@...>

Is the screen maximized?

Denver Dale

Office 2016, JAWS 2018.180.10 and 2019, windows 10 build 1803.

Pressing f2 to edit a cell, I can hear the cell content but cannot
navigate using the arrow keys. Is there a setting to make this possible?
Thanks,

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I encounter the same problem. My window is maximized. Some cells I can arrow
back and forth and some I cannot.

Office 2016, JAWS 2018.180.10 and 2019, windows 10 build 1803.

Pressing f2 to edit a cell, I can hear the cell content but cannot navigate
using the arrow keys. Is there a setting to make this possible?
Thanks,

Betsy Binney

It’s Control + u now.

On Oct 19, 2018, at 8:33 PM, Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@wi.rr.com> wrote:

I encounter the same problem. My window is maximized. Some cells I can arrow
back and forth and some I cannot.

Office 2016, JAWS 2018.180.10 and 2019, windows 10 build 1803.

Pressing f2 to edit a cell, I can hear the cell content but cannot navigate
using the arrow keys. Is there a setting to make this possible?
Thanks,

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I thought someone said a key stroke of control U corrected this problem. Is this correct or was some other key stroke?

Hmmm, I haven't changed any settings from the default and it is working here fine, at least with the latest beta, I haven't tried anything else.

On 10/19/2018 06:29, Ann Byrne wrote:
Office 2016, JAWS 2018.180.10 and 2019, windows 10 build 1803.

Pressing f2 to edit a cell, I can hear the cell content but cannot
navigate using the arrow keys. Is there a setting to make this possible?
Thanks,

Ann Byrne

Alt+f, then t (options), then a (advanced), then uncheck "allow editing in cells".