From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 5:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Paste Special in Word 2016

Kevin, When you select text in a document, you selected the text and all of
it's atributes, i.e. the font, size, orientation alignment, and color. When
you hit Control+V to paste the selected text into a document, all of these
atributes are pasted along with the text. When you use Paste Special, you
have a menu of choices as to how you want the text to appear in your
document. You can choose text only, which will insert the text into your
document allowing it to take on the formatting of your document, or you can
choose to insert the selected text along with its original formatting. HTH.

Love in Christ
Marty
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kevin. The keystroke for paste special is ALT plus CONTROL plus V.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

What is the key stroke for paste special?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D

Marty Hutchings

Kevin, I do not have Word 2016, so it may be different for you. I am still using Word 2007 and Paste Special is in the Context menu, which you get to by using the Applications key and arrowing down to Paste Special and hitting Enter.

Love in Christ
Marty

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D

Marty Hutchings

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D

Richard Turner

Try copying something into the clipboard, then do shift-f10 to bring up the context menu.
It doesn't say paste special, but you will find some paste options like keep formatting, merge formatting, etc.
Maybe an Office update changed it?
Not sure.
Richard

xpert: an ex is a has-been, a spirt is a drip under pressure. -- Bruce U. Utah Phillips

🦅

On Oct 19, 2018, at 6:18 AM, John J. Fioravanti, Jr. <fioresq1@...> wrote:

Richard: That hot key works great. Thanks so much. However, for some reason
in word 2016 I used to have paste special in my options with the arrow keys,
it's not there anymore.
Nonetheless, this hot key does the job, so I won't worry about it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D

Cook, Steve

Alt control V for paste special

Steve Cook, CPM

Assistive Technology Consultant

SC Commission for the Blind

1430 Confederate avenue

Columbia, SC 29201

Phone: (803) 898-8788

Fax: (803) 898-8882

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Are you sure there is something on the clipboard? To make sure highlight a
piece of text and you will hear 'selected'. Then press control C and you
will hear 'copied to clipboard'. Then to make sure you have the selected
text I would just go to a new document and press control shift V. You will
then hear 'pasted from clipboard'. What you hear doesn't have the '. Even if
there is nothing on the clipboard and you press control shift V it will
still say 'pasted from clipboard'.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D