Topics

What Are People Using For Twitter

Scott Rumery

Hello,

I use to use both Chicken Nugget and TW Blue for Twitter on my computer but neither of those apps will work for me now so I am wondering what you all use for Twitter these days? Are there any other accessible Twitter clients out there or are we pretty much out of luck when it comes to using Twitter on the PC?

Scott

David Moore

Hi!

TW Blue is still working great for me. The only difference is that you have to update the buffer to have more tweets come in!

I like that, because I did not like hundreds of tweets flying in all of the time, now, I can control when new tweets come into the buffer, by just updating the buffer.

Make sure you have the latest version of TW Blue!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: What Are People Using For Twitter

Hello,

I use to use both Chicken Nugget and TW Blue for Twitter on my computer but neither of those apps will work for me now so I am wondering what you all use for Twitter these days? Are there any other accessible Twitter clients out there or are we pretty much out of luck when it comes to using Twitter on the PC?

Scott

Cristóbal

TW_Blue’s working fine for me. Chicken Nugget’s still authorized on my machine, but I figured I’d make the switch anyway since it’s not going to be updated anymore. I think there’s OpenTween too, but I have no experience with it.

Cristóbal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Rumery
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:05 PM

Hello,

Scott

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>

Maybe it’s just because I’m not used to the interface, but I generally dislike Open Tween. I did download it when Twitter made it’s first batch of API changes. That being said everything has it’s advantages and disadvantages, and everyone’s preferences are different.

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>

Hi, there’s actually a 2 minute update interval built-in. You can set this for longer, but probably not much shorter. It’s in the global settings, which can be found under applications.

Melissa Stott

I myself am using TWBlue.  Works good so far.

Melissa

Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: What Are People Using For Twitter

TW_Blue’s working fine for me. Chicken Nugget’s still authorized on my machine, but I figured I’d make the switch anyway since it’s not going to be updated anymore. I think there’s OpenTween too, but I have no experience with it.

Cristóbal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Rumery
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:05 PM

Hello,

Scott

Steve Matzura

CN is definitely out since direct messaging no longer  works therein.

TW Blue is a good alternative, although there are some quirks with it. First, If you send a direct message and manually enter the recipient's Twitter name, then tab to the text field, TW Blue thinks you're replying to  whatever message happens to be in focus in its internal list, but the message does in fact go to its intended recipient. Second, If you have never activated a Twitter account using TW Blue, you must use what's called a snapshot build, which you can get from the TW Blue Website, http://www.twblue.es. Snapshot builds have some extra code in them that uses Twitter's old way of authorizing a new application. TW Blue does have a keymap for Chicken Nugget. It isn't perfect, but once one gets used to it, it does do what it's supposed to.

On 10/18/2018 5:04 PM, Scott Rumery wrote:
Hello,

Scott

Steve Matzura

Buffers don't have to be updated manually.  It is possible to set a buffer's update interval from one minute on up, in one-minute increments.

On 10/18/2018 5:38 PM, David Moore wrote:

Hi!

TW Blue is still working great for me. The only difference is that you have to update the buffer to have more tweets come in!

I like that, because I did not like hundreds of tweets flying in all of the time, now, I can control when new tweets come into the buffer, by just updating the buffer.

Make sure you have the latest version of TW Blue!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:09 PM

Hello,

Scott

Anita

Hi,
From where can twblue be obtained? Is it accessible out of the box?
Thanks,
Anita 

On Oct 18, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Scott Rumery <blindfaith38@...> wrote:

Hello,

Scott