From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Pearson
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Tandem

Hello list:

Is it true that when trying to use the Jaws "Tandem feature that the Jaws
version of the controlled pc must be equal to, or lower than the version
installed/used on the controlling pc?

I ask because yesterday, I was going to try Tandem with someone who had Jaws
version18, and my(controlled) pc has latest version although v18 still
appears as one of the programs listed under my start/Jaws menu key.

This being the case, couldn't I enter on my 18 version and use this to
enable the Tandem feature?

If so, I need the step-by-step procedure to accomplish this. I can only
type with right hand, so would like to keep simultaneous key presses to a
minimum.

Sincerely yours,

David S.Pearson

Marianne Denning

Yes, that is true. The one who gives the code must have a jazz version that is equal to or higher than the one who enters the code.

On Oct 16, 2018, at 1:01 PM, David Pearson <dshawnpearson@suddenlink.net> wrote:

Hello list:

Is it true that when trying to use the Jaws "Tandem feature that the Jaws version of the controlled pc must be equal to, or lower than the version installed/used on the controlling pc?

I ask because yesterday, I was going to try Tandem with someone who had Jaws version18, and my(controlled) pc has latest version although v18 still appears as one of the programs listed under my start/Jaws menu key.

This being the case, couldn't I enter on my 18 version and use this to enable the Tandem feature?

If so, I need the step-by-step procedure to accomplish this. I can only type with right hand, so would like to keep simultaneous key presses to a minimum.

Sincerely yours,

David S.Pearson

David Pearson

Hello again:

Thanks for this info, but since v18 still exists on my machine, and is same version as one being used by "controller", isn't there a method whereby I could open 18, and "tandem" via this method since both versions would now be equal?

Thank you,

DSP

[...]

Yes, you can do that. You would need to close the most current version of JAWS and open JAWS 18. When I have needed to do this I have made sure I have selected the version of JAWS I want on the desk top, shut down most current version of JAWS and hit enter to open the older version.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053