Free Windows 10 update

Jonas Voll

Hey are not Jaws or Windos eyes  users get a free update from erlyer versions of Windows to Windows 10?

Or was this just to Windows 8???

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Jonas. We got a free update to Windows 10, but that expired quite a while back.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Free Windows 10 update

Hey are not Jaws or Windos eyes  users get a free update from erlyer versions of Windows to Windows 10?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Jonas Voll

Ok, do you have a web page or more info about this, I think I did it but I cannot find my key and this is a clean install of Windows 10!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: Free Windows 10 update

Hi, Jonas. We got a free update to Windows 10, but that expired quite a while back.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com 
and 
logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 
'spam@...'

Jonas Voll

FYI!

I think I got it, used Windows 8.1 key!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:31 AM

Ok, do you have a web page or more info about this, I think I did it but I cannot find my key and this is a clean install of Windows 10!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

and 
'spam@...'

Jeff Christiansen

Believe it or not you can use the MCT and update a Win 7, Win 8x to a genuine digital entitlement for that machine.

In other words the license servers are currently still automatically authorizing.

This is not the case should you try to use the GWX tool that annoyed so many way back when. Running this you will not be able to complete the upgrade.

I have most recently, three weeks, done this with a Win Seven Pro desktop and Win Seven home laptop, using the media creation tool and running the update.

Hth

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:49 AM

FYI!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

and 
'spam@...'

Jonas Voll

Jeff, did the physical key number change after?

I still have a Windows 7 box, I want to keep but an Windows 10 key for this box will be nice before it stopps working for free!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Christiansen
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:29 AM

Believe it or not you can use the MCT and update a Win 7, Win 8x to a genuine digital entitlement for that machine.

In other words the license servers are currently still automatically authorizing.

This is not the case should you try to use the GWX tool that annoyed so many way back when. Running this you will not be able to complete the upgrade.

I have most recently, three weeks, done this with a Win Seven Pro desktop and Win Seven home laptop, using the media creation tool and running the update.

Hth

FYI!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

and 
'spam@...'

Jeff Christiansen

Then the work around is to update the Win 7 box, and then roll back to Win 7 for as long as you want to continue using 7.

The machine will still be eligible for the digital entitlement when you are ready for 10 again.

Pain in the neck but not sure how else to make it work. I did not note the changes so I cannot answer your question directly.

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:08 AM

I still have a Windows 7 box, I want to keep but an Windows 10 key for this box will be nice before it stopps working for free!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Hth

FYI!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

and 
'spam@...'

Jonas Voll

Yep, but this will only work if some of the old OS is on your drive!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:21 AM

Then the work around is to update the Win 7 box, and then roll back to Win 7 for as long as you want to continue using 7.

The machine will still be eligible for the digital entitlement when you are ready for 10 again.

Pain in the neck but not sure how else to make it work. I did not note the changes so I cannot answer your question directly.

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:08 AM

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Hth

FYI!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

and 
'spam@...'

Marty Hutchings

Jeff,  Where do I find the Media Creation Tool?

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:28 AM

Hth

FYI!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hey are not Jaws or Windos eyes  users get a free update from erlyer versions of Windows to Windows 10?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

and 
'spam@...'

James Lockwood <lockwoodnd@...>

Just install Windows 7 don’t worry about registering it then install the windows 10 upgrade file. Enter in your Windows 7 product key and it will activate windows 10. It did for me. All free

On Oct 16, 2018, at 12:07 PM, Jonas Voll <jonas.voll@...> wrote:

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Hth

FYI!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

and 
'spam@...'

On the Windows 10 download page, if you Google “Media creation Tool” chance are that the first search result will take you straight there.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:21 PM

Jeff,  Where do I find the Media Creation Tool?

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:28 AM

Hth

FYI!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hey are not Jaws or Windos eyes  users get a free update from erlyer versions of Windows to Windows 10?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

and 
'spam@...'

Steve Matzura

The Microsoft Disability Help Line insists this is not possible, but I know of some folks who have done it successfully in the past month.

On 10/16/2018 10:22 AM, Bill White wrote:

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Jonas Voll

Unless something has changed very recently, and I mean within the last 5 days or so, one can still do a free upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10.

I have done several recently, using these instructions (but where the initial steps, up through kicking off setup.exe for Win10, occur from within whatever version of Windows you currently have and are trying to upgrade):

Doing an In-place "Upgrade" to Reinstall Windows 10 Keeping Apps/Programs and User Files (though you'll be installing, not reinstalling)
                             NOTE:  You do NOT need to follow the instruction regarding turning off Secure Boot.  It is superfluous.

Has been working like a charm for months now.  
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

~ Fran Lebowitz

Jim L

Got alittle confused with this website,, what’s the actual link that I go to to upgrade my windows 7 to download to Windows 10 64 Home edition?

Want to go by my USB flash

Cheers,

Jim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, 17 October 2018 12:49 PM

Unless something has changed very recently, and I mean within the last 5 days or so, one can still do a free upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10.

I have done several recently, using these instructions (but where the initial steps, up through kicking off setup.exe for Win10, occur from within whatever version of Windows you currently have and are trying to upgrade):

Doing an In-place "Upgrade" to Reinstall Windows 10 Keeping Apps/Programs and User Files (though you'll be installing, not reinstalling)
                             NOTE:  You do NOT need to follow the instruction regarding turning off Secure Boot.  It is superfluous.

--

If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

~ Fran Lebowitz

You have to go to the Microsoft Windows 10 Download Page, then use the Download tool now button to get the Media Creation Tool.  I would suggest you read the section entitled: --

~ Fran Lebowitz

Do you have a license to run Windows 10? The upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is not free any more.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim L
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 3:59 PM

Got alittle confused with this website,, what’s the actual link that I go to to upgrade my windows 7 to download to Windows 10 64 Home edition?

Want to go by my USB flash

Cheers,

Jim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, 17 October 2018 12:49 PM

--

~ Fran Lebowitz

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:01 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
The upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is not free any more.
Yes, actually, it is.  Microsoft is not advertising this, but I've upgraded machines, the most recent about a month ago, from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using media created using the Media Creation Tool and it went just like it did up through July 2016, including automatic activation.

I have not done one post Version 1809, but I know of one that was done using that ISO before it was pulled, too.

--

~ Fran Lebowitz