What am I doing wrong regarding computers and Bluetooth settings?

Jim Portillo

Hi there,

Hi there,

I’m hoping someone can help direct me with something I might be doing wrong regarding computers and Bluetooth devices.

I’m trying to remove two Bluetooth devices from my computer.  I can pair them with no problem, but for some reason, removing them is a different story. I’ll tell you what I’m doing.

I am using Windows 10 and JAWS.

From the start menu, I find and go to Bluetooth settings.

Bluetooth is turned on, so there’s no problem there.

I tab to where I find a list of the Bluetooth devices associated with my computer, arrow down to what I want, and select it by hitting enter.

It lets me know it’s been selected, and I tab once to find the Remove device button.  I hit enter on it, and immediately, I get something that says Flyout Window, and I read nothing else on the screen.

I alt-tab back to the Bluetooth settings, look at my list again, and find that the item I tried removing is still there.

I did try rebooting my computer, and everything is the same.

What is a Flyout window?  And, why won’t the Enter or spacebar work when I use them on the Remove device button?  It’s frustrating.

If anyone has any good tips, please let me know.

Thanks.

Jim

david

To view the devices available in Windows 10 follow these steps:

Open Settings.

Click Devices.

The settings related to devices are shown.

Click Connected Devices.

A list appears showing all the devices that are connected to your Windows 10
computer or device.

Click Bluetooth, if it's available.

You see a list of Bluetooth devices that are available in the area. They may
or may not be connected to your computer.

Click Printers & Scanners.

A list appears showing all the printers and scanners that are installed on
your computer.

Remove installed devices

If you no longer need to use a device, you can remove it. When you do so,
your Windows 10 computer can't interact with the device until you connect
and
install it again. Here's how to remove connected devices from Windows 10:

Open Settings.

Click Devices.

The settings for devices appear.

Click the device type you want to remove (Connected Devices, Bluetooth, or
Printers & Scanners).

The list of devices appears.

Click the device that you want to remove to select it.

Click Remove Device.

Click Yes to confirm that you want to remove this device.

I'm hoping someone can help direct me with something I might be doing wrong
regarding computers and Bluetooth devices.

I'm trying to remove two Bluetooth devices from my computer. I can pair
them with no problem, but for some reason, removing them is a different
story. I'll tell you what I'm doing.

I am using Windows 10 and JAWS.

From the start menu, I find and go to Bluetooth settings.

Bluetooth is turned on, so there's no problem there.

I tab to where I find a list of the Bluetooth devices associated with my
computer, arrow down to what I want, and select it by hitting enter.

It lets me know it's been selected, and I tab once to find the Remove device
button. I hit enter on it, and immediately, I get something that says
Flyout Window, and I read nothing else on the screen.

I alt-tab back to the Bluetooth settings, look at my list again, and find
that the item I tried removing is still there.

I did try rebooting my computer, and everything is the same.

What is a Flyout window? And, why won't the Enter or spacebar work when I
use them on the Remove device button? It's frustrating.

If anyone has any good tips, please let me know.

Thanks.

Jim

david

Hello;
If you want the keystrokes,
Windows-key+i=settings,
You can search for devices,
Type in devices in the edit field and press enter,
Or, simply press the tab key to the listview, and right arrow to devices,
Press enter,
Again tab once to the listview, now find your choice, and press enter.

Hope this helps.

I'm hoping someone can help direct me with something I might be doing wrong
regarding computers and Bluetooth devices.

I'm trying to remove two Bluetooth devices from my computer. I can pair
them with no problem, but for some reason, removing them is a different
story. I'll tell you what I'm doing.

I am using Windows 10 and JAWS.

From the start menu, I find and go to Bluetooth settings.

Bluetooth is turned on, so there's no problem there.

I tab to where I find a list of the Bluetooth devices associated with my
computer, arrow down to what I want, and select it by hitting enter.

It lets me know it's been selected, and I tab once to find the Remove device
button. I hit enter on it, and immediately, I get something that says
Flyout Window, and I read nothing else on the screen.

I alt-tab back to the Bluetooth settings, look at my list again, and find
that the item I tried removing is still there.

I did try rebooting my computer, and everything is the same.

What is a Flyout window? And, why won't the Enter or spacebar work when I
use them on the Remove device button? It's frustrating.

If anyone has any good tips, please let me know.

Thanks.

Jim

Bissett, Tom <tom.bissett@...>

When you get to the Flyout Window just press Y , this will confirm that you want to remove the device.  The Flyout Window is a window that appears with a confirmation button.  I know jaws does not read this window but you are positioned on the yes button to confirm the removal.

Regards

Tom Bisset