Office 2019

Edward Green

Hi all,

Does anyone know if either JAWS 2018 or JAWS 2019 Beta 2 work with Office 2019?

I realise that Office 2019 is really an incremental update if you are an Office 365 subscriber and have applied the updates to 2016 as I am and have, but wanted to double check before I go ahead and install as I only have one Windows PC.

It’s not clear to me from the Beta 2 features page whether it does or not.

Many thanks,

Ed

Boston, Jason W

According to one of the most recent FS casts, yes. Especially for JFW2019.

Thanks,

Jason

IMPORTANT!! - External Content - Please use caution.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if either JAWS 2018 or JAWS 2019 Beta 2 work with Office 2019?

I realise that Office 2019 is really an incremental update if you are an Office 365 subscriber and have applied the updates to 2016 as I am and have, but wanted to double check before I go ahead and install as I only have one Windows PC.

It’s not clear to me from the Beta 2 features page whether it does or not.

Many thanks,

Ed

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi

Can someone explain how to upgrade office?
I'm an office 365 subscriber.

Thanks,
Jessica

On Oct 15, 2018, at 11:56 PM, Boston, Jason W <Jason.Boston@...> wrote:

According to one of the most recent FS casts, yes. Especially for JFW2019.

Thanks,

Jason

IMPORTANT!! - External Content - Please use caution.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if either JAWS 2018 or JAWS 2019 Beta 2 work with Office 2019?

I realise that Office 2019 is really an incremental update if you are an Office 365 subscriber and have applied the updates to 2016 as I am and have, but wanted to double check before I go ahead and install as I only have one Windows PC.

It’s not clear to me from the Beta 2 features page whether it does or not.

Many thanks,

Ed

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

As far as I am aware, 365 is the latest version.

IMPORTANT!! - External Content - Please use caution.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if either JAWS 2018 or JAWS 2019 Beta 2 work with Office 2019?

I realise that Office 2019 is really an incremental update if you are an Office 365 subscriber and have applied the updates to 2016 as I am and have, but wanted to double check before I go ahead and install as I only have one Windows PC.

It’s not clear to me from the Beta 2 features page whether it does or not.

Many thanks,

Ed

Richard Turner

Office 365 is not a “VERSION” AS SUCH, It IS A SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE IN WHICH YOU KEEP UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST VERSIONS SUPPOSEDLY AUTOMATICALLY.

I’m not finding where it shows if it has updated to 2019.

Richard

As far as I am aware, 365 is the latest version.

IMPORTANT!! - External Content - Please use caution.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if either JAWS 2018 or JAWS 2019 Beta 2 work with Office 2019?

I realise that Office 2019 is really an incremental update if you are an Office 365 subscriber and have applied the updates to 2016 as I am and have, but wanted to double check before I go ahead and install as I only have one Windows PC.

It’s not clear to me from the Beta 2 features page whether it does or not.

Many thanks,

Ed

Dan Longmore

That is correct, Office 2019 comes as an update to Office 365 and looks like a regular update.  Some changes have been made to the looks but as far as I can tell no major issues for JAWS.

As far as I am aware, 365 is the latest version.

IMPORTANT!! - External Content - Please use caution.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if either JAWS 2018 or JAWS 2019 Beta 2 work with Office 2019?

I realise that Office 2019 is really an incremental update if you are an Office 365 subscriber and have applied the updates to 2016 as I am and have, but wanted to double check before I go ahead and install as I only have one Windows PC.

It’s not clear to me from the Beta 2 features page whether it does or not.

Many thanks,

Ed

Dan Longmore

The Office 365 is the latest subscription for the Office products.  If you have 365 you should get the latest version of Office 2019 as an automatic update.

Dan

IMPORTANT!! - External Content - Please use caution.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if either JAWS 2018 or JAWS 2019 Beta 2 work with Office 2019?

I realise that Office 2019 is really an incremental update if you are an Office 365 subscriber and have applied the updates to 2016 as I am and have, but wanted to double check before I go ahead and install as I only have one Windows PC.

It’s not clear to me from the Beta 2 features page whether it does or not.

Many thanks,

Ed

Here is information about Office 2019, I doubt you have to do much of anything if you are an Office 365 subscribers as it should update itself and, for the most part, the enhancements you would get if you had bought Office 2016 as a one-time purchase you would already have:

Office 2019 is now available for Windows and Mac

By Jared Spataro, Corporate Vice President for Office and Windows Marketing , on September 24, 2018

Today, we are announcing the general availability of Office 2019 for Windows and Mac. Office 2019  is the next on-premises version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, Access, and Publisher.

Office 365 ProPlus, the cloud-connected version of Office, delivers the most productive and most secure Office experience —with the lowest total cost of ownership for deployment and management. However, for customers who aren’t ready for the cloud, Office 2019 provides new features and updates to the on-premises apps for both users and IT professionals. Like Windows Long Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) releases, Office 2019 provides a set of valuable enhancements

for customers who can’t be cloud-connected or receive regular updates.

The new enhancements in Office 2019 are a subset of a long list of features that have been added to Office 365 ProPlus over the last three years. Office

2019 is a one-time release and won’t receive future feature updates. However, we’ll continue to add new features to Office 365 ProPlus monthly, including innovations in collaboration, artificial intelligence (AI), security, and more.

An image shows a device using PowerPoint in Office 2019.

Office 2019 delivers features across apps to help users create amazing content in less time. In PowerPoint 2019, you can create cinematic presentations with new features like Morph and Zoom. And improved inking features across the apps in Windows—like the roaming pencil case, pressure sensitivity, and tilt effects— allow you to naturally create documents.

An image shows a device using Excel in Office 2019.

Excel 2019 adds powerful new data analysis features, including new formulas and charts and enhancements to PowerPivot.

An image shows a laptop open and a Word document being worked on.

Word 2019 and Outlook 2019 help you focus on what matters most. Learning Tools, like Read Aloud and Text Spacing, make it easier to engage with your content.

Focus Mode blocks out distractions and puts your content front and center. And Focused Inbox moves less important emails out of the way—so you can get straight to taking care of business. For a longer list of the new features in Office 2019, see our

FAQs .

Office 2019 also includes new IT value for enhanced security and streamlined administration. We introduced Click-to-Run (C2R), a modern deployment technology, in Office 2013, and it’s now used to deploy and update Office across hundreds of millions of devices worldwide. With Office 2019, we’re moving the on-premises versions of Office to C2R to reduce costs and improve security. The advantages of C2R include predictable monthly security updates, up-to-date apps on installation, reduced network consumption through Windows 10 download optimization technology, and an easy upgrade path to Office 365 ProPlus. C2R offers the same enterprise-focused management capabilities as Microsoft Installer (MSI) based products and will also support an in-place upgrade when you move to Office 2019 from older MSI-based products. To learn more, refer to the Office 2019 Click-to-Run FAQ.

The 2019 release of Office products also includes updates to our servers, and in the coming weeks, we will release Exchange Server 2019, Skype for Business Server 2019, SharePoint Server 2019, and Project Server 2019.

Office 2019 is a valuable update for customers who aren’t yet ready for the cloud. And each time we release a new on-premises version of Office, customers ask us if this will be our last.

We’re pleased to confirm that we’re committed to another on-premises release in the future. While the cloud offers real benefits in productivity, security, and total cost of ownership, we recognize that each customer is at a different point in their adoption of cloud services. We see the on-premises version of Office as an important part of our commitment to give customers the flexibility they need to move to the cloud at their own pace.

Jason White

My Office 365 programs, in the About dialog, now indicate that they are “for Office 365”. The 2016 designation is gone. Office 2019 apparently refers only to the stand-alone version, which offers only some of the features of the corresponding Office 365 version. So, for example, Outlook now says “Outlook for Office 365”.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@...>
Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 10:31
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>