Topics

How to get the old Alt Tab dialog in Windows 10 Back

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi All,

Running Windows 10 Pro and Jaws latest.  I came across this, tried it and it works as advertised.  I didn't do the registry hack personally, but downloaded the program and made the change with their program.  Here's the website to hear how it works and the download link & steps are below the website URL.

To download the program click on the link below, press the letter, B for button, then up arrow a few times to the download link.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Does this process benefit screen reader users?  The current alt+tab approach seems pretty responsive to me.

Running Windows 10 Pro and Jaws latest.  I came across this, tried it and it works as advertised.  I didn't do the registry hack personally, but downloaded the program and made the change with their program.  Here's the website to hear how it works and the download link & steps are below the website URL.

To download the program click on the link below, press the letter, B for button, then up arrow a few times to the download link.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Dean,

I prefer it much better than the default Alt + Tab method.  But, my preferences are exactly that, my preferences.  I only put this out because I've read many times how people don't like the way the default Alt + Tab works and are suggested to use Windows key + Tab instead.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 2:56 PM

Does this process benefit screen reader users?  The current alt+tab approach seems pretty responsive to me.

Running Windows 10 Pro and Jaws latest.  I came across this, tried it and it works as advertised.  I didn't do the registry hack personally, but downloaded the program and made the change with their program.  Here's the website to hear how it works and the download link & steps are below the website URL.

To download the program click on the link below, press the letter, B for button, then up arrow a few times to the download link.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

I’m trying to remember how the “old Alt+Tab” method was different from using Alt+tab now in Windows 10?

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 2:56 PM

Does this process benefit screen reader users?  The current alt+tab approach seems pretty responsive to me.

Running Windows 10 Pro and Jaws latest.  I came across this, tried it and it works as advertised.  I didn't do the registry hack personally, but downloaded the program and made the change with their program.  Here's the website to hear how it works and the download link & steps are below the website URL.

To download the program click on the link below, press the letter, B for button, then up arrow a few times to the download link.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I would like an explanation of this.  How, for a screen reader user who doesn’t notice how the windows are represented, is the new alt+tab different from the old one?  They seem the same to me, and Windows+tab is entirely different.

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 2:56 PM

Does this process benefit screen reader users?  The current alt+tab approach seems pretty responsive to me.

Running Windows 10 Pro and Jaws latest.  I came across this, tried it and it works as advertised.  I didn't do the registry hack personally, but downloaded the program and made the change with their program.  Here's the website to hear how it works and the download link & steps are below the website URL.

To download the program click on the link below, press the letter, B for button, then up arrow a few times to the download link.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

William Vandervest

On a related point, what does the (windows+tab) do?

Thanks

My understanding is that Windows+Tab gets you into the task view, you can also get to this by tabbing from the desktop or going to the taskbar with Windows Key+T and then doing a Shift+Tab.

If you have open applications then Windows+Tab will bring up a list of these applications, you can arrow left and right in that list and press enter to go to any of them which are listed.

Just now that I have Outlook open and I am composing this message if I press Windows+Tab I have two items in that list, one is the Inbox and one is this email which I am composing.