Outlook, getting to the options for dealing with an attachment

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

What is the method for reaching the options for opening or saving a single attachment in Outlook? I know it has something to do with using the arrows in combination with another key, but at the moment, I can’t remember the keystroke.

If you have highlighted an attachment, I thought it was ALT plus Down Arrow, but that’s not it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Ann Byrne

Insert+a makes a list of attachments, and there is the option to open or save.

Also, shift+tab often reaches the attachments list. Someone said alt+f, then m to save all attachments.

To insert an attachment, copy the file name and paste it into the body of the email.

At 01:03 AM 10/12/2018, you wrote:
What is the method for reaching the options for opening or saving a single attachment in Outlook? I know it has something to do with using the arrows in combination with another key, but at the moment, I can't remember the keystroke.

If you have highlighted an attachment, I thought it was ALT plus Down Arrow, but that's not it.

Bill White

<mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

paul lemm

Hi Anne,

I never knew that about pasting the attached file into the body of the email
that's a handy one to remember.

Paul

Insert+a makes a list of attachments, and there is the option to open or
save.

Also, shift+tab often reaches the attachments list. Someone said
alt+f, then m to save all attachments.

To insert an attachment, copy the file name and paste it into the body of
the email.

At 01:03 AM 10/12/2018, you wrote:
What is the method for reaching the options for opening or saving a
single attachment in Outlook? I know it has something to do with using
the arrows in combination with another key, but at the moment, I can't
remember the keystroke.

If you have highlighted an attachment, I thought it was ALT plus Down
Arrow, but that's not it.

Bill White

<mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

paul lemm

Hi Bill,

Not sure if this is really what your after, but if you’ve found the attachment in the email already you can right click the attachment  and that will bring up various options such as open, save as etc.

Paul

What is the method for reaching the options for opening or saving a single attachment in Outlook? I know it has something to do with using the arrows in combination with another key, but at the moment, I can’t remember the keystroke.

If you have highlighted an attachment, I thought it was ALT plus Down Arrow, but that’s not it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Ann Byrne

I love it. That way you don't have to navigate through folders to find what you want to attach.

Similarly, while in the list of attachments, you can copy an attachment's name and paste it into a folder, avoiding the whole save rigmarol.

At 07:24 AM 10/12/2018, you wrote:
[...]

Richard Turner

In Outlook, press insert plus a then alt-down-arrow to bring up the options to open, save print, etc.
HTH,
Richard

xpert: an ex is a has-been, a spirt is a drip under pressure. -- Bruce U. Utah Phillips

🦅

On Oct 12, 2018, at 5:24 AM, paul lemm <paul.lemm@...> wrote:

[...]

<mailto:billwhite92701@...>billwhite92701@...

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Richard. Yes, Alt, followed by Down Arrow was the keystroke I was looking for.

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Insert+a makes a list of attachments, and there is the option to open or
save.

Also, shift+tab often reaches the attachments list.  Someone said
alt+f, then m to save all attachments.

To insert an attachment, copy the file name and paste it into the body of
the email.

At 01:03 AM 10/12/2018, you wrote:

What is the method for reaching the options for opening or saving a

single attachment in Outlook? I know it has something to do with using

the arrows in combination with another key, but at the moment, I can't

remember the keystroke.

If you have highlighted an attachment, I thought it was ALT plus Down

Arrow, but that's not it.

Bill White

<mailto:billwhite92701@...>billwhite92701@...

Tom <tomcat509@...>

That is a very nifty Outlook trick Anne.

I also tried it in Thunderbird but no success unfortunately.
Tom

Insert+a makes a list of attachments, and there is the option to open or
save.

Also, shift+tab often reaches the attachments list. Someone said
alt+f, then m to save all attachments.

To insert an attachment, copy the file name and paste it into the body of
the email.

At 01:03 AM 10/12/2018, you wrote:
What is the method for reaching the options for opening or saving a
single attachment in Outlook? I know it has something to do with using
the arrows in combination with another key, but at the moment, I can't
remember the keystroke.

If you have highlighted an attachment, I thought it was ALT plus Down
Arrow, but that's not it.

Bill White

<mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Don Mauck

You can shift tab to the attachment. You should hear JAWS "use alt down arrow to manage the attachments. Once you do that, you can do anything.
As far as adding an attachment, just do an h, a and then an f. Then browse to the attachment and press inter. If you want, you can even add that keystroke to the quick access toolbar.

That is a very nifty Outlook trick Anne.

I also tried it in Thunderbird but no success unfortunately.
Tom

Insert+a makes a list of attachments, and there is the option to open
Insert+or
save.

Also, shift+tab often reaches the attachments list. Someone said
alt+f, then m to save all attachments.

To insert an attachment, copy the file name and paste it into the body
of the email.

At 01:03 AM 10/12/2018, you wrote:
What is the method for reaching the options for opening or saving a
single attachment in Outlook? I know it has something to do with
using the arrows in combination with another key, but at the moment,
I can't remember the keystroke.

If you have highlighted an attachment, I thought it was ALT plus Down
Arrow, but that's not it.

Bill White

<mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Don Mauck

Oops, when giving the keystrokes for the adding attachment, the 'h' is actually an alt+h,a,f.

[...]

Les Kriegler <kriegler@...>

Hi All,

I am running Office 365 and Outlook 2016.  I used to be able to bring up the attachments list with insert-a within an open message, or I could shift-Tab to the attachments list.  Now, neither is possible.  What can I do to resolve this?  I know it should function most of the time at least, but now even though Jaws reports an attachment, the keystroke never works.  I am running Jaws 2019, Beta 2.  Thanks.

Les

Not sure if this is really what your after, but if you’ve found the attachment in the email already you can right click the attachment  and that will bring up various options such as open, save as etc.

Paul

What is the method for reaching the options for opening or saving a single attachment in Outlook? I know it has something to do with using the arrows in combination with another key, but at the moment, I can’t remember the keystroke.

If you have highlighted an attachment, I thought it was ALT plus Down Arrow, but that’s not it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Make sure that, in Outlook Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Settings>Handling Attachments, that you have Attachment Preview turned off.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Thanks.  Somehow, this setting was changed.  In one message, an attachment was reported, but I could not bring up the attachment, but in another message, Insert-a worked.  Perhaps the attachment in the first message was embedded.  Sure glad to have this feature back!

Les

[...]

Jim Fettgather

You can always press Alt F from the message list, and down arrow to
Save Attachments.
This will bring up a dialog asking you to specify a folder into which
you wish to save the attachment.
Alternatively, I have found that when you open the message, you may
need to press Shift Tab more than once, but you should get to the
attachment, and Jaws instructs you to press down arrow for the
attachment options, among these are Preview and Open.
Hope this helps

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com <mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>

What is the method for reaching the options for opening or saving a single
attachment in Outlook? I know it has something to do with using the arrows
in combination with another key, but at the moment, I can't remember the
keystroke.

If you have highlighted an attachment, I thought it was ALT plus Down
Arrow,
but that's not it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com <mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>

Les Kriegler <kriegler@...>

Hi Jim,

Thanks. Most of the time, I wish to view the attachments right away, but I'll remember that keystroke of going through the file menu. Thanks.

Les