Forgot a basic..I think

Morey Worthington

Hi all.

Using  w1803 and Jaws 2019.

If I sitting on a web page, or even in a open document, is there still a keystroke to tell me on which line I am sitting?

I know  using the alt/delete key will  tell me by Pixels. Using this method, I go up into the top left corner of document and it says,  (1 1). If I then go down a line it says, meaning the alt/delete key, says (1 2)

Would I then presume that the numbers would mean the larger number when going down would be the line number??

What ya think?

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Ashleigh Piccinino

Hello user, to know what current line you’re on, press your jaws key plus the number two on your number pad. Hope this helps by the way, if you want to know anything about keystrokes, press JAWS ke plus one. This will get you in to help. Then, you can press in a keystroke combination you would like. Jars will usually say what that combination does. Press the combination twice quickly to get more information.

On Oct 9, 2018, at 9:43 AM, Morey Worthington <worthington@wi.rr.com> wrote:

Hi all.

Using w1803 and Jaws 2019.

If I sitting on a web page, or even in a open document, is there still a keystroke to tell me on which line I am sitting?

I know using the alt/delete key will tell me by Pixels. Using this method, I go up into the top left corner of document and it says, (1 1). If I then go down a line it says, meaning the alt/delete key, says (1 2)

Would I then presume that the numbers would mean the larger number when going down would be the line number??

What ya think?

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Insert plus up arrow, the number 8 on the keypad, reads the line. Insert plus numpad 2 launches say all. The original question was ascertaining the line number, and I can't find a way to do this.

[...]

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Yes that is it

If I sitting on a web page, or even in a open document, is there still a keystroke to tell me on which line I am sitting?

I know using the alt/delete key will tell me by Pixels. Using this method, I go up into the top left corner of document and it says, (1 1). If I then go down a line it says, meaning the alt/delete key, says (1 2)

Would I then presume that the numbers would mean the larger number when going down would be the line number??

What ya think?

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Isabel Holdsworth

Jaws+UpArrow also reads the current line.
However, I'm guessing Morey is wanting to know the line number rather than read the text on the current line.

[...]

Insert plus delete will read the current line and column.

Again, you can press insert plus one for keyboard help. Sent from my iPhone

Thought-provoking reading: https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbahaiteachings.org&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C11956b97fa794fc6811108d62df91744%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636746945186337175&amp;sdata=qHUTQZl2Dt8IuKoLqtU3Gq8uI1qXLaIIDu%2B81NG5SVw%3D&amp;reserved=0

[...]

Thanks for input by all.
My question was really asking...Is there a keystroke for Jaws to tell me where on any webpage or document on which line I am sitting on?
The only way I found so far is use the keystrokes..alt/deltte to give me the pixel position.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks,
Morey Worthington