color of input jack /soundcard

pmbeardy@...

hi, I have a sound card with six jacks with different colors I presume... the output jack is the middle of three jacks at the bottom. which color jack would be audio in? would it be the top middle one?

Morey Worthington

The colors are as follows.
Pink...Microphone
Green...Headset
Blue..Line-In
HTH
Morey Worthington

pmbeardy@...

hi,thanjks

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 07:05:02 -0500, "Morey Worthington" wrote:

The colors are as follows.
Pink...Microphone
Green...Headset
Blue..Line-In
HTH
Morey Worthington

Rob Whyte <rob.whyte@...>

You should be able to Google the default colours, like Green for speakers pink/red for microphone etc.

hi, I have a sound card with six jacks with different colors I presume... the output jack is the middle of three jacks at the bottom. which color jack would be audio in? would it be the top middle one?

http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg

http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg

pmbeardy@...

hi, did that right now fighting with audacity to rcv sound in both sides of headphones. sheesh had some close calls hitting the mute key a couple times...

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 22:11:14 +0000, "Rob Whyte" wrote:

You should be able to Google the default colours, like Green for speakers pink/red for microphone etc.

hi, I have a sound card with six jacks with different colors I presume... the output jack is the middle of three jacks at the bottom. which color jack would be audio in? would it be the top middle one?

http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg

http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Well, if you have JAWS 2018, even if you hit Mute, just press INSERT ESCAPE, and it will unmute your soundcard if you are using your default soundcard.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 08:33 AM, <pmbeardy@...> wrote:
fighting with audacity to rcv sound in both sides of headphones.
Well, if the sound was recorded as one-track mono you will not get it in both sides of the headphones.

Admittedly, most sound these days is either stereo or dual-track mono, but there are plenty of one-track mono files out there.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

pmbeardy@...

hi, I can split the sound after recording so they can be panned left center or right. the problem I'm having is hearing the guitar on both sides while playing. in sonar I used to hit the Omni button to get a stereo sound through the headphones.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:03:14 -0700, "Brian Vogel" wrote:

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 08:33 AM, <pmbeardy@...> wrote:
fighting with audacity to rcv sound in both sides of headphones.
Well, if the sound was recorded as one-track mono you will not get it in both sides of the headphones.

Admittedly, most sound these days is either stereo or dual-track mono, but there are plenty of one-track mono files out there.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

pmbeardy@...

hi, thanks for that. playing around in the sound card audio device windows is not fun especially if a wrong button is hit.   I