Problem With Messages Stuck In Drafts Folder In Outlook 2016

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I am having an interesting problem with my personal g-mail account in Outlook 2016 in Office 365 here.

For reasons I don’t fully understand, I have 5 messages stuck in my drafts folder, that I can’t seem to get rid of.  These are messages that were successfully sent over the past few days, but they still appear in my drafts folder.  I have tried deleting each item, esentially moving them to the deleted items folder and emptying that folder with no luck.  I have even selected and individually deleted each message.  When I have individually deleted each message, I was informed that the deletions would be permanent, which was fine with me.  The items get deleted from my deleted items folder, and even temporarily from my drafts folder, but within a few minutes, they re-appear in my drafts folder again, as if nothing ever happened.

How can I get rid of these messages in my drafts folder once and for all?

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

First, Tom, do you have a POP account or an IMAP account. This could make a difference. If it is a IMAP account, try logging into your gmail account on the web, and see if they are still in your drafts folder. If they are, try deleting them online instead of through your Outlook client. If it is a POP account, it is a different problem entirely, and it sounds as if your drafts folder is corrupted.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 14101 (20160910) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 14101 (20160910) __________

http://www.eset.com

Tom Behler

Bill:

I have an imap g-mail account, so will log onto that account, and see what’s happening with my drafts folder there.

I’m heading out of town shortly, so may have to wait on this till later in the week-end, but will let you know what I find.

Thanks for the great suggestion.

Tom Behler

[...]

Tom Behler here again.

I had a few spare minutes here, and accessed my personal g-mail imap account on the web.

It took some doing, but I was able to delete those five messages in my drafts folder, so they are now completely gone from my account and from Outlook.

It still puzzles me how those messages got into my drafts folder to begin with, since I know they were successfully sent, but I’ll chalk that up as a slight mystery, at least for now.

Thanks for the help.

Tom behler