From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Aine Kelly Costello
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Editing footnotes in JAWS

Hi all,

How does one edit or delete a previously-written footnote in Word 2013 with JAWS, please? I can make new footnotes for Africa, and I can read existing ones, but can't work out how to edit/delete them...

I've just joined this group so please excuse me if this has been asked before.

Many thanks,

Best wishes,

Aine

Thank you.

kelby carlson

A related question: once I'm finished typing a new footnote, how do I

On 9/8/16, Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@kutakrock.com> wrote:
Once inside the footnote, editing is no problem, though in large documents,
JAWS sometimes slows to a snail's pace.
If you navigate to the bottom of the page where the footnote is found, that
will put you in the footnote. You can also get their by searching and
finding an item of text found there.
To get rid of a note, navigate to the reference. I use alt + s + o + n (for
next) or p (for previous. Then, when you find the reference, delete it.

How does one edit or delete a previously-written footnote in Word 2013 with
JAWS, please? I can make new footnotes for Africa, and I can read existing
ones, but can't work out how to edit/delete them...

I've just joined this group so please excuse me if this has been asked
before.

Many thanks,

Best wishes,

Aine

E-mail message.
Thank you.

Ann Byrne

This is from the DeWitt and Associates Word 2010 tutorial:
1. Modifying note text is best done in the View Notes Pane, specifically in the Footnote and Endnote Pane. The View Notes Pane is only visible in Draft View. Turn on Draft View with ALT + CTRL + N.
2. Press ALT + S, then H. The View Notes Dialog Box will open. This dialog box contains two radio buttons: View Endnote Area and View Footnote Area, the latter of which is the default option. Focus will be on the OK Button. TAB to the radio buttons and, using the ARROW Keys, select View Endnote Area. TAB to the OK Button and press SPACEBAR to activate. The View Notes Pane will open. NOTE: When pressing ALT + S, then H, the View Notes Dialog Box will only open if the document contains both footnotes and endnotes such that a choice needs to be made. If the document contains only endnotes or only footnotes, pressing ALT + S, then H will automatically open the View Notes Pane.

1. Press MODIFIER + V to open the Adjust JAWS Options Dialog Box and, using the ARROW Keys, locate the Comments, Footnotes and Endnotes Option. Use SPACEBAR to set the option to "On With Text". Press ENTER. Focus will return to the document.

At 07:14 AM 9/8/2016, you wrote:
[...]

F6 should return you to the document.

At 07:14 AM 9/8/2016, you wrote:
[...]

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Actually, it may take 3 taps of F-6, depending on how many panes are open. I have been successful in Word 2013 in just arrowing out of the footnote, which surprised me because I don't think I could do that in Word 2010.

How does one edit or delete a previously-written footnote in Word
2013 with JAWS, please? I can make new footnotes for Africa, and I
can read existing ones, but can't work out how to edit/delete them...

I've just joined this group so please excuse me if this has been
asked before.

Many thanks,

Best wishes,

Aine

recipients above and may contain information that is privileged,
attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at
402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.