Using Macrium Reflect Version 7 to Take A Full System Image Backup

There has been much discussion on several groups about an entirely accessible backup utility with regard to actually taking a full system image backup.  I have yet to find a backup and recovery utility that is 100% accessible in all respects, but Macrium Reflect, Version 7, is 100% accessible for creating a full system image backup for "the typical user" who keeps the typical disc arrangement under Windows where all OS files and user data files are on the C: drive.

Given what's been happening over the last several days with the Windows 10 Version 1809 feature update it is really critical to take a full system image backup before it is applied.

Here's the link to download the step-by-step instructions, along with notes about setting things up, in MS-Word format:

Using Macrium Reflect With a Screen Reader To Take a Full System Image Backup

You should be presented with a Save dialog shortly after activating the link.

I went through this process from beginning to end using NVDA to control everything.  I cannot imagine that things should be different in JAWS and possibly even Narrator.  If there are any significant differences that you encounter please share them on this topic.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

David Bailes

Hi Brian,
thanks for the information. I had previously tried Macrium reflect using a standard user account, and found it to be inaccessible using screen readers. But having read your post, I tried it using an admin account, and found that it was accessible, as you've said.
I've used Macrium relect for quite a while, and it seems to have a good reputation.

David.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 04:13 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
[...]

I had forgotten that Steve Matzura posted a direct link to a download site for Windows PE (Windows Preinstallation Environment) versions that are set up to talk when they run using NVDA.   That site is:  http://www.opopanax.net/download/

I have not used any of these talking Windows PE ISOs, but I have no reason whatsoever to believe they would not work.  The correct one for your system could be downloaded on its own, and then you could just download the Macrium Reflect software without Windows PE.

You would still need to create the Macrium recovery media, which should then use the talking Windows PE to build it.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Now, for anyone wanting the latest version of the Macrium 7.1 installer, who doesn't want to have to dig through the steps at the website to eventually download it, I've put it on my Google Drive:  Macrium 7.1 Full Installer.

When you activate that link you'll probably get a blank browser tab, followed moments later by a save dialog that asks where you'd like to save the .exe file.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Gudrun Brunot

Bless you, Brian.

Gudrun