word count in MS word document

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Hello, Is there a key stroke to get the word count in a MS word 2016 document? I’m using Windows 10 and Jaws 2018.

Thanks,

Kevin

ALT+R,W brings up the Word Count dialog.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Marty Hutchings

Kevin,  I am using MS Word 2007 and to get the word count, I use Insert + numpad 3.  I wouldn’t think that this would have changed in Word 16.  This command also gives you the number of pages in the document.

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2018 9:26 AM
Subject: word count in MS word document

Hello, Is there a key stroke to get the word count in a MS word 2016 document? I’m using Windows 10 and Jaws 2018.

Thanks,

Kevin

george b <gbmagoo@...>

In 2016;

Hit f6 it puts you in the status line at the bottom of the doc and says page 1 of 1 and then arrow across to the right and it says words  and other things about the doc.

When you have your answer hit f6 and your back in the body of the doc.

By the way the person who said alt r in 2016 puts you in the review tab of the ribbon not a word count.

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2018 9:26 AM

Hello, Is there a key stroke to get the word count in a MS word 2016 document? I’m using Windows 10 and Jaws 2018.

Thanks,

Kevin

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, George. It’s not ALT R. It’s ALT plus R, followed by W.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2018 9:26 AM

Hello, Is there a key stroke to get the word count in a MS word 2016 document? I’m using Windows 10 and Jaws 2018.

Thanks,

Kevin

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Word count is on the status bar.  You can read the status bar with JAWSKey+page down.  You can also press F6 and tab through the items on the status bar. While focused on the status bar there, you can use the context menu to choose which items are and are not displayed on the status bar.

From: Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>
Date: 05/10/2018 3:26 p.m. (GMT+01:00)
To: jfw@groups.io

Hello, Is there a key stroke to get the word count in a MS word 2016 document? I’m using Windows 10 and Jaws 2018.

Thanks,

Kevin

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Kevin,

The keystroke, Control, Shift + G, will give you what you want plus more.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2018 9:23 AM

[...]

Mike, Thanks. Another set of keys to get the count information. It is not go Dodgers…it is go Brewers!

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2018 9:23 AM

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2018 9:26 AM

Hello, Is there a key stroke to get the word count in a MS word 2016 document? I’m using Windows 10 and Jaws 2018.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Bill, I pressed F6 twice. I get the message “return to reading”. I couldn’t tab or arrow anywhere. Wonder if I need to setup some option in word to allow the use of two F6 keys. When it comes down to it, I have the key strokes of alt/r/w or control/shift/g.