From: Onwardbob
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 8:36 PM
Subject: 1809 and creating restore point

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't create a restore point. Using
J-2018 and W-1809 I can get in to the create restore point but it shows
recovery off and I can't uncheck this. In configure, disable system
protection is also checked and I can't uncheck it either. Can someone give
me step by step instructions? Thank, this one has me feeling dumb...s

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

These are not checkboxes but radio buttons, if you activate the "Configure" button you have to up arrow if you want to turn it on

From: Carlos
To enable System Restore do the following.

1. Press Windows key+R to open the "Run" dialog.

2. Type, SystemPropertiesProtection, followed by Enter.

3. When the "System Properties" dialog opens, make sure that the
"System Protection" tab is selected.

4. Tab until you find the list and select your system drive.

5. If it says
"On",
then System Restore is already enabled.  If it says
"Off",
tab to the
"Configure"
button and select it.

6. Select the
"Turn on system protection"
radio button.

7. Use the
"Max Usage"
slider to select how much drive space you want to be used for restore
points.  I would recommend at least 5 to 10 percent, but if you have a large
drive then you can set it higher if you prefer.

8. Select the
"OK"
button twice to close the
"System Protection"
and
"System Properties"
dialogs respectively.
Carlo
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't create a restore point. Using
J-2018 and W-1809 I can get in to the create restore point but it shows
recovery off and I can't uncheck this. In configure, disable system
protection is also checked and I can't uncheck it either. Can someone give
me step by step instructions? Thank, this one has me feeling dumb...s

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Onwardbob

Hi Mike, running home

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but, are you running the Pro or Home
version of Win10?
Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't create a restore point. Using
J-2018 and W-1809 I can get in to the create restore point but it shows
recovery off and I can't uncheck this. In configure, disable system
protection is also checked and I can't uncheck it either. Can someone give
me step by step instructions? Thank, this one has me feeling dumb...s

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Onwardbob

Thanks, but arrowing doesn't work for me

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

These are not checkboxes but radio buttons, if you activate the "Configure"
button you have to up arrow if you want to turn it on

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't create a restore point. Using
J-2018 and W-1809 I can get in to the create restore point but it shows
recovery off and I can't uncheck this. In configure, disable system
protection is also checked and I can't uncheck it either. Can someone give
me step by step instructions? Thank, this one has me feeling dumb...s

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Bob,

I just checked my wife's Windows 10 Home computer and they are radio buttons.  After you press spacebar on the configure... button, do a say line keystroke, and you'll hear either, Turn on system protection radio button checked 1 of 2, or you'll hear, Disable system protection radio button checked 2 of 2.

If you're on the Disable button arrow up 1 time to Turn on, now tab to Max useage and set this at 15% using your arrow keys.  Now tab to, Okay, press the spacebar and the steps I posted will take you the rest of the way.  Bob, if you still have my phone number you can call me, I'll be home all day.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but, are you running the Pro or Home
version of Win10?
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't create a restore point. Using
J-2018 and W-1809 I can get in to the create restore point but it shows
recovery off and I can't uncheck this. In configure, disable system
protection is also checked and I can't uncheck it either. Can someone give
me step by step instructions? Thank, this one has me feeling dumb...s

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Onwardbob

Finally...got it after routing jaws to pc allowed me to actually up-arrow.
Thanks, and I seem to have lost your phone number.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't create a restore point. Using
J-2018 and W-1809 I can get in to the create restore point but it shows
recovery off and I can't uncheck this. In configure, disable system
protection is also checked and I can't uncheck it either. Can someone give
me step by step instructions? Thank, this one has me feeling dumb...s

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Bob,

Maybe the window wasn't maximized and that's why you needed to use the Jaws cursor.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Finally...got it after routing jaws to pc allowed me to actually up-arrow.
Thanks, and I seem to have lost your phone number.

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't create a restore point. Using
J-2018 and W-1809 I can get in to the create restore point but it shows
recovery off and I can't uncheck this. In configure, disable system
protection is also checked and I can't uncheck it either. Can someone give
me step by step instructions? Thank, this one has me feeling dumb...s

BOB SOUTAR.ONWARD THRU THE FOG

Onwardbob

You know I thought of that right after getting it working. For some old and
of course silly reason I hardly ever maximize.