From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Morey Worthington
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:44 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: NewW10 update

Hi all. This morning my computer did a W10 update and it said something
about 1809.

Then it did a install and re-started the computer, a desktop. After the
restart, I did a W/R and typed in.."winver" and it came up showing it as
1803 ????

What might have happened, or do you think I should do a shut down and
restart and see which version shows up?

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

And if the update attempted to apply but failed I would not try rushing to get it.   Give them a few weeks to work out some kinks and it will be offered again via Windows Update.  If and only if it fails via Windows Update the second time around then you will probably have to use the following technique:

                                    Doing an In-place "Upgrade" to Reinstall Windows 10 Keeping Apps/Programs and User Files
                                    NOTE:  You do NOT need to follow the instruction regarding turning off Secure Boot.  It is superfluous.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back