Buying Kindle books

Ralph Supernaw

Hi,

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Sharon

Try this; do not know if it will work or not.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=B00...

Best regards,
Faeema S

Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 5:46 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Buying Kindle books

Hi,

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Ralph Supernaw

Thanks but didn’t work.

Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: Buying Kindle books

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=B00...

Best regards,
Faeema S

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Sharon

Call support and have them send you a customized link. It’s supposed to work more than once; Sharon

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Adrian Spratt

It’s possible this link doesn’t work because Sharon, like me, may have purchased Kindle books in the past. Begin by going to the main website

www.amazon.com

Once the page has loaded, press c for combo box, enter, then k for Kindle. Tab once to the edit field. If you have a book in mind, enter the info here. Whether or not you enter any data, then press enter. You should be taken to the Kindle Store.

Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 6:39 PM

Thanks but didn’t work.

Best regards,
Faeema S

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Gennie Eachus <geachus@...>

Hi,

If you email off list, I will help you with getting Kindle books. I do it all the time

geachus@...

Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 4:46 PM

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Ralph Supernaw

I would love to get to the main web site.  When I try it takes me to the mobile site and I cannot figure out how to get to the main site.  Any pointers?

Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 5:59 PM

It’s possible this link doesn’t work because Sharon, like me, may have purchased Kindle books in the past. Begin by going to the main website

www.amazon.com

Once the page has loaded, press c for combo box, enter, then k for Kindle. Tab once to the edit field. If you have a book in mind, enter the info here. Whether or not you enter any data, then press enter. You should be taken to the Kindle Store.

Thanks but didn’t work.

Best regards,
Faeema S

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

You should just be able to go to amazon.com. That’s how I always get them.

Cindy

Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 7:17 PM

I would love to get to the main web site.  When I try it takes me to the mobile site and I cannot figure out how to get to the main site.  Any pointers?

www.amazon.com

Thanks but didn’t work.

Best regards,
Faeema S

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Sharon

Yea, it started doing that to me as well. It seems to happen once you press redirect to get to the accessible site. The next time you try to go to the real site, it brings you back to this mobile site, thinking it’s doing you an accessible favor. Too bad you can’t buy what you want from there. If you call support, they can give you a link that seems to reset it for you as long as you don’t take their awesome advice, and click on the site that is supposed to be so accessible.

Sharon

Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:17 PM

www.amazon.com

Thanks but didn’t work.

Best regards,
Faeema S

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Control-oamazon.com

You need to purchase items from your computer. You could probably make purchases  from Safari on your mobile device. I don’t like Safari.

www.amazon.com

Thanks but didn’t work.

Best regards,
Faeema S

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

You can do that.

Cindy

Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:22 PM

Control-oamazon.com

You need to purchase items from your computer. You could probably make purchases  from Safari on your mobile device. I don’t like Safari.

www.amazon.com

Thanks but didn’t work.

Best regards,
Faeema S

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Marsha <marcatony@...>

HI
  What can you use to read these books?  How usable are the books?

Marsha

Kimber Gardner

There is a Kindle app for the computer with an accessibility plug-in.
But I prefer to read Kindle books on my Iphone. Either way will work,
but the iOS app gives more control and a smoother reading experience.

On 12/14/15, Marsha via Groups.io <marcatony=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
HI
What can you use to read these books? How usable are the books?

Marsha
--
Kimberly

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

I have never read the Kindle books on the computer before. I do enjoy them on the iPhone.

Cindy

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 5:31 AM

HI

Marsha

Drew Hunthausen

I use my iPhone to read the kiddle books but there is also a software for the computer to read them there too. The iPhone does a pretty good job with kindle books, and though I prefer audio books for pleasure reading I have found the kindle app great especially since the rest of my family is sighted and we can share the kindle books and all read them.

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 3:31 AM

HI

Marsha

Kevin Wollenweber <dancingweed@...>

I just wish I knew exactly how to use it.

I don't use a portable device at all.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 6:41 AM

But I prefer to read Kindle books on my Iphone. Either way will work, but the iOS app gives more control and a smoother reading experience.

HI

Marsha

--
Kimberly

Ralph Supernaw

I called support.  The lady kept trying to get me to buy the book using Safari on my IPhone.  I don’t think she ever understood what I was really talking about.

Do you have a number or can you tell me what options to select?  I chose Kindle help when I reached the menu.

Thanks.

Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 5:55 PM

Call support and have them send you a customized link. It’s supposed to work more than once; Sharon

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

You have to purchase books from your computer, not your phone. The only way to purchase books from the phone is by using Safari

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 4:24 PM

I called support.  The lady kept trying to get me to buy the book using Safari on my IPhone.  I don’t think she ever understood what I was really talking about.

Do you have a number or can you tell me what options to select?  I chose Kindle help when I reached the menu.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.

Go to amazon.com. Press c for combo box. Press alt-down arrow to open the combo box. Tab to edit field. Type the name of book or author. Tab to go button.

After page loads, press h for heading until you hear the item you are searching for. Using the down arrow through the information. If you want this selection go back to beginning of info and click on the link.

After page loads, you can arrow down and find more info. If you want book press control-home to go back to top. Either press control-f for find and type add to cart. You can also press the letter b for button until you hear cart button.

You will see something like cart 1. Click on that and review the info.

Proceed to check out. Be careful here. Make sure that you have the right item in your cart.

There will be a list of your devices. Item will go to last place you used unless otherwise specified.

Kindle for the pc does not work as well as the Kindle for idevices. I think that the Kindle app for idevices is the best e reader out there.

Good luck.

From: Kevin Wollenweber [mailto:dancingweed@optonline.net]
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 10:17 AM

I just wish I knew exactly how to use it.

I don't use a portable device at all.

Kevin

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 6:41 AM

But I prefer to read Kindle books on my Iphone. Either way will work, but the iOS app gives more control and a smoother reading experience.

HI

Marsha

--
Kimberly

Angie <jamfordel@...>

Go to Amazon on safari on your iPhone or android and then you can purchase kindle books for your phone 

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Dec 2015, at 04:04, Gennie Eachus <geachus@...> wrote:

You have to purchase books from your computer, not your phone. The only way to purchase books from the phone is by using Safari

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 4:24 PM

Thanks.

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks.