Buying Kindle books

Ralph Supernaw

Hi,

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Sharon

Try this; do not know if it will work or not.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=B00...

Best regards,
Faeema S

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Ralph Supernaw

Thanks but didn’t work.

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Sharon

Call support and have them send you a customized link. It’s supposed to work more than once; Sharon

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Adrian Spratt

It’s possible this link doesn’t work because Sharon, like me, may have purchased Kindle books in the past. Begin by going to the main website

www.amazon.com

Once the page has loaded, press c for combo box, enter, then k for Kindle. Tab once to the edit field. If you have a book in mind, enter the info here. Whether or not you enter any data, then press enter. You should be taken to the Kindle Store.

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Gennie Eachus <geachus@...>

Hi,

If you email off list, I will help you with getting Kindle books. I do it all the time

geachus@...

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Ralph Supernaw

I would love to get to the main web site.  When I try it takes me to the mobile site and I cannot figure out how to get to the main site.  Any pointers?

It’s possible this link doesn’t work because Sharon, like me, may have purchased Kindle books in the past. Begin by going to the main website

www.amazon.com

Once the page has loaded, press c for combo box, enter, then k for Kindle. Tab once to the edit field. If you have a book in mind, enter the info here. Whether or not you enter any data, then press enter. You should be taken to the Kindle Store.

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

You should just be able to go to amazon.com. That’s how I always get them.

Cindy

[...]

Yea, it started doing that to me as well. It seems to happen once you press redirect to get to the accessible site. The next time you try to go to the real site, it brings you back to this mobile site, thinking it’s doing you an accessible favor. Too bad you can’t buy what you want from there. If you call support, they can give you a link that seems to reset it for you as long as you don’t take their awesome advice, and click on the site that is supposed to be so accessible.

Sharon

[...]

Control-oamazon.com

You need to purchase items from your computer. You could probably make purchases  from Safari on your mobile device. I don’t like Safari.

[...]

You can do that.

Cindy

[...]

Marsha <marcatony@...>

HI
  What can you use to read these books?  How usable are the books?

Marsha

Kimber Gardner

There is a Kindle app for the computer with an accessibility plug-in.
But I prefer to read Kindle books on my Iphone. Either way will work,
but the iOS app gives more control and a smoother reading experience.

--
Kimberly

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

I have never read the Kindle books on the computer before. I do enjoy them on the iPhone.

Cindy

  What can you use to read these books?  How usable are the books?

Marsha

Drew Hunthausen

I use my iPhone to read the kiddle books but there is also a software for the computer to read them there too. The iPhone does a pretty good job with kindle books, and though I prefer audio books for pleasure reading I have found the kindle app great especially since the rest of my family is sighted and we can share the kindle books and all read them.

  What can you use to read these books?  How usable are the books?

Marsha

Kevin Wollenweber <dancingweed@...>

I just wish I knew exactly how to use it.

I don't use a portable device at all.

Kevin

There is a Kindle app for the computer with an accessibility plug-in.
But I prefer to read Kindle books on my Iphone. Either way will work, but the iOS app gives more control and a smoother reading experience.

On 12/14/15, Marsha via Groups.io <marcatony=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
HI
What can you use to read these books? How usable are the books?

Marsha

--
Kimberly

Ralph Supernaw

I called support.  The lady kept trying to get me to buy the book using Safari on my IPhone.  I don’t think she ever understood what I was really talking about.

Do you have a number or can you tell me what options to select?  I chose Kindle help when I reached the menu.

Thanks.

Call support and have them send you a customized link. It’s supposed to work more than once; Sharon

I am using JFW 17, Windows 7, and IE 11.  I cannot figure out how to buy a Kindle book because the mobile site does not support purchase of Kindle books and I cannot figure out how to get to the regular site.

Please help.

Thanks.

Gennie Eachus <geachus@...>

You have to purchase books from your computer, not your phone. The only way to purchase books from the phone is by using Safari