From: "kelby carlson" <kelbycarlson@gmail.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 07:43 AM
Subject: Selecting in Word not Working

All,

When I try to select several lines of a Word document by pressing
shift+down arrow repeatedly, I am for some reason only getting it to
select the last line. What's happening?

kelby carlson

ALready did this; didn't work.

On 9/7/16, Dave Carlson <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Cousin Kelty,

Given the problems you've been having with various aspects of various
programs, I would recommend that you completely uninstall your current
version of JAWS (or use the previous version) and do a clean install of the

current version.

Dave Carlson

When I try to select several lines of a Word document by pressing
shift+down arrow repeatedly, I am for some reason only getting it to
select the last line. What's happening?

Mcginnis, Barbara

Could you be selecting the lines of text so fast that JAWS cannot read each line due to typing interrupt?

When I try to select several lines of a Word document by pressing
shift+down arrow repeatedly, I am for some reason only getting it to
select the last line. What's happening?

________________________________

Mario

in case you weren't aware, once you've selected a character, word, line,
whatever, pressing insert+shift+down arrow will repeat the text that was
selected.

When I try to select several lines of a Word document by pressing
shift+down arrow repeatedly, I am for some reason only getting it to
select the last line. What's happening?

.

Ann Byrne

I would run a JAWS repair. Reinstall the version you have. JAWS will recognize that it's already there, and ask if you want to modify, repair, etc. Choose repair and hope for the best.
If you download a later version, I don't believe it will work the same as a repair of what you currently have.

good luck!

kelby carlson

Again, I have done both a repair and complete reinstall because of
other issues. This hasn't fixed anything.

One more issue: When I am in the endnote pain of a Word document JAWS
will not read the endnote numbers. It will announce them in the text
of the document but not in the endnote pain.

This is almost enough to make me switch over to NVDA.

On 9/7/16, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I would run a JAWS repair. Reinstall the version you have. JAWS
will recognize that it's already there, and ask if you want to
modify, repair, etc. Choose repair and hope for the best.
If you download a later version, I don't believe it will work the
same as a repair of what you currently have.

good luck!

Dave...

Kelty,

I don't rely much on dialogs or panes in the MS-Word or MS-Office suites.
Often they work or not, depending on JAWS and Office version interactions.

All things considered, I'm still thinking that you have a problem with your
graphics card and how it's interacting with JAWS. Did you ever have someone
look at your computer screen?

Dave Carlson

Again, I have done both a repair and complete reinstall because of
other issues. This hasn't fixed anything.

One more issue: When I am in the endnote pain of a Word document JAWS
will not read the endnote numbers. It will announce them in the text
of the document but not in the endnote pain.

This is almost enough to make me switch over to NVDA.

On 9/7/16, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I would run a JAWS repair. Reinstall the version you have. JAWS
will recognize that it's already there, and ask if you want to
modify, repair, etc. Choose repair and hope for the best.
If you download a later version, I don't believe it will work the
same as a repair of what you currently have.

good luck!

kelby carlson

I haven't yet, but I can't even find anywhere in my settings that
would let me alter a graphics card, or what I would need to alter.

[...]

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Have you tried the other selecting method via the extended selection mode

However, seeing as you want lines, and the extended selection mode only does word, paragraph and entire document, you might not want to use that method.
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@outlook.com