From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, October 1, 2018 9:12 AM
To: JFW Mailing List <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Making JAWS load faster

Some time ago, someone on this list gave tips for putting JAWS at the top of the Startup list in Windows. Can someone repost these steps for reorganizing the order of startup programs so that JAWS loads first?

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I’m talking about past versions of JAWS, and reworking the MSConfig to make JAWS load faster.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Which version of Jaws are you on? If it is 2018 then I dopubt that makes a difference, in Jaws 2019 FS has made a change which makes it load a lot faster after you put in your pIN/Password.

Some time ago, someone on this list gave tips for putting JAWS at the top of the Startup list in Windows. Can someone repost these steps for reorganizing the order of startup programs so that JAWS loads first?

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Bill,

Although Windows 10 is a little different these steps will give you a good idea on what to do in Win 10.

Note: The steps below were performed running Windows 7 & JAWS versions 15 thru 18.  These steps won't work with Windows 8 or 10, & why they won't is below
my steps.
For those of you that have Jaws set to start at the Windows log-in screen, but it doesn't, this might work for you.  I looked in, msconfig, & found that
JAWS Freedom Scientific wasn't at the top of the list on the Start-up Page / Tab, so this is what I did.
1. Press, Windows key + R, to open the run dialog.
2. Type, *msconfig*, without the stars, & press enter.
3. Press, control + tab, until you get to the, Start-up Page / Tab.
4. I arrowed down the list, & unchecked any items above, JAWS Freedom Scientific, on the Start-up Page / Tab.
Note: Only uncheck the items / programs above JAWS Freedom Scientific, & nothing else.  Pay close attention to what you uncheck because you are going to
recheck these items / programs shortly.
5. Tab to the, Okay, button, press the spacebar, & tab 1 time to, Restart, & press enter to restart your computer.
6. Once your computer is booted up repeat steps 1 thru 3, & you will notice that JAWS Freedom Scientific is now at the top of the list.
7. Now, arrow down the list of items / programs on the Start-up Page / Tab, check the items / programs that you unchecked previously, & repeat step #5.
Now Jaws should start on the Windows log-in screen when your computer starts.  I did the above steps on 4 different computers, both desktop & lattop, &I'm
not going to say it works everytime, but it sure works most of the time, which I can say is a damn site better than before I followed the above steps.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.