Audacity 2.3.0

David Bailes

Audacity is a free multi track audio editor, and version 2.3.0 has just been released. One of its new features is punch and roll recording, which enables you to easily correct mistakes immediately after you've made them.
This is a link to the Windows installer:
https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html/audacity-win-2.3.0.exe

I've updated my Jaws guide to Audacity to cover this release, and it's available here
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-2.3.0-Guide.html

Note that if you're using the Jaws script for Audacity, some parts of it don't yet work with this latest version of Audacity.
 David.

Steve Nutt

Hi,

To be honest, I think Reaper is a better and more accessible multi track editor.  Although it’s not free, it’s not expensive.

All the best

Steve

Audacity is a free multi track audio editor, and version 2.3.0 has just been released. One of its new features is punch and roll recording, which enables you to easily correct mistakes immediately after you've made them.
This is a link to the Windows installer:
https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html/audacity-win-2.3.0.exe

I've updated my Jaws guide to Audacity to cover this release, and it's available here
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-2.3.0-Guide.html

Note that if you're using the Jaws script for Audacity, some parts of it don't yet work with this latest version of Audacity.

 David.

David Bailes

Hi Steve,
Reaper is has clearly far more functionality than Audacity. And I agree both that using the Osara extension, Reaper is very accessible, and also that it is comparatively inexpensive for such a good program.
However, Reaper has a far steeper learning curve than Audacity, and so for some tasks, Audacity may provide an easier solution.

David.