Topics

jaws and chrome

mike mcglashon

Hey guys,

I write this in a jaws context because I am not sure how else to address the issue.

I am using win10 jaws2018 and chrome;

Some pages I go too, don’t allow me to use alt to open the menus,

And further, those same pages don’t allow me to do a ctrl+d to add to favorites?

It doesn’t seem to matter if the window is maximized or not;

Is this a jaws issue?

Or is it strictly a chrome issue?

Can someone please advise?

Mike m.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Mike Rogers

My chrome stopped working, altogether. Using Jws 18 and 19 beta with same results. I was told by one who knows, that the old Internet Explorer actually works best with Jaws. Very reliable source. Turns out that I.E. actually works very well and I'm using it for now.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 10:37:05 -0400
"mike mcglashon" <michael.mcglashon@comcast.net> wrote:

Hey guys,

I write this in a jaws context because I am not sure how else to address the
issue.

I am using win10 jaws2018 and chrome;

Some pages I go too, don't allow me to use alt to open the menus,

And further, those same pages don't allow me to do a ctrl+d to add to
favorites?

It doesn't seem to matter if the window is maximized or not;

Is this a jaws issue?

Or is it strictly a chrome issue?

Can someone please advise?

Mike m.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@comcast.net <mailto:Michael.mcglashon@comcast.net>

Ph: 618 783 9331

Dan Longmore

Firefox latest version works well.

"mike mcglashon" <michael.mcglashon@...> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I write this in a jaws context because I am not sure how else to address the
> issue.
>
> I am using win10 jaws2018 and chrome;
>
> Some pages I go too, don't allow me to use alt to open the menus,
>
> And further, those same pages don't allow me to do a ctrl+d to add to
> favorites?
>
> It doesn't seem to matter if the window is maximized or not;
>

> Is this a jaws issue?
>
> Or is it strictly a chrome issue?
>

> Can someone please advise?
>

> Mike m.
>

> Mike mcglashon
>
> Email: Michael.mcglashon@... <mailto:Michael.mcglashon@...>
>
> Ph: 618 783 9331

Mohith BP

Yes JAWS makes chrome unresponsive and crash many a times.

________________________________

www.harmonicaworkshops.com<http://www.harmonicaworkshops.com>

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 10:37:05 -0400
"mike mcglashon" <michael.mcglashon@comcast.net> wrote:

Hey guys,

I write this in a jaws context because I am not sure how else to address
the
issue.

I am using win10 jaws2018 and chrome;

Some pages I go too, don't allow me to use alt to open the menus,

And further, those same pages don't allow me to do a ctrl+d to add to
favorites?

It doesn't seem to matter if the window is maximized or not;

Is this a jaws issue?

Or is it strictly a chrome issue?

Can someone please advise?

Mike m.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@comcast.net
<mailto:Michael.mcglashon@comcast.net>

Ph: 618 783 9331

Steve Nutt

You are kidding. IE is slow, freezes and outmoded. That's with JAWS 2018.
Chrome is a whole load better.

All the best

Steve

[...]

Not here, not for me anyway.

Windows 10 is fine, with Chrome and JAWS.

All the best

Steve

[...]

Alan Robbins

Steve,
Well said, and I could not agree more. Anyone at this point that is having these type of problems with chrome I feel should consult someone who can take a look at their system, configuration, etc. Possibly a call to Microsoft accessibility services were consult with someone else’s something clearly passed in the corrupt with the system. Chrome at this point is the most popular browser by far and most people that I talk to on lists are having an excellent results with jaws

On Oct 1, 2018, at 4:33 AM, Steve Nutt <steve@comproom.co.uk> wrote:

[...]

Chrome stopped working for me last week. It may be faster, but not if it doesn't work. Just my opinion and we all have them.

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 09:33:58 +0100
[...]

Chris Hill

It might be time for you to scan your computer for malware, I'd suggest downloading and running the free version of malware bytes.  I'm having no problems with Chrome, except I'd rather use firefox.

On 10/1/2018 06:37, Mike Rogers wrote:
[...]

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

There are other reasons not to use Chrome, such as Google's questionable data slurping practices, but speed is definitely not, or should not be anyway, one of them.

[...]

I think it's difficult to get around Google and if you use Firefox or Edge and still use google.com for searching there isn't probably a lot of difference. I guess you would have to use Firefox and DuckDuckGo or strictly stick with Edge and Bing if you want to cut out Google as much as possible.

[...]

The most recent issue that's come up is that the new version of Chrome automatically signs you into your google account. Some people don't even realise they are signed in. Probably not a big deal to a lot of people, but it does make me, personally, feel wary, especially as my Android phone is also linked to my Google account and already bothering me somewhat with its insistence on knowing where I am and what I am doing. *grins*