Topics

virtual windows programs

Nino Dagostino

Good morning:

I am takeing a Operating systems class we are using virtual machines.

What is the best virtual machine software to use with Jaws?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joseph Norton

Hi there.

The one that I’ve used most successfully is VMware player.

Or you can use VMware workstation but that is a paid product.

Hope this helps

On Sep 30, 2018, at 8:53 AM, Nino Dagostino <ndagostino3@...> wrote:

Good morning:

I am takeing a Operating systems class we are using virtual machines.

What is the best virtual machine software to use with Jaws?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino,

            It's worth taking a quick look at Oracle VM Virtualbox.   I suspect it will be accessible, but can't state that with absolute certainty.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Soronel Haetir

Particularly if the guest OS is windows vmware workstation is very
nice in that it can put together an unattended installation script
(including product key if you provide it). I have had enormous
problems getting past that screen with other virtualization products.
And I am not sure whether VMWare Player can accept a product key the
way Workstation can.

I've also tried using the MS ADK (assessment and deployment kit) which
is supposed to let you create custom install media but the tools are
not accessible.

Although honestly, once past install I generally use either remote
desktop (if the guest is windows) or an SSH session (for *nix guests)
and forget about the VM console entirely.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

    A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need
for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Joseph Norton

Hi there:

VMware player will also support the quick install of windows.

On Sep 30, 2018, at 5:12 PM, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Don Mauck

The Oracle VMWare, as of my last test was only accessible from a command line.

[...]

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  You could give Virtual Box a try.  It is free and is quite accessible.  It is made by oracle, though, the company responsible for the Java programming language, so I'm not sure if the Java runtime needs to be installed on your machine, since I've always had java on my pc for work purposes.  Write me off list if you need further help.  HTH.

On 30/9/2018 8:53 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:

Good morning:

I am takeing a Operating systems class we are using virtual machines.

What is the best virtual machine software to use with Jaws?

Any help would be appreciated.

Don Mauck

Okay, when I’m wrong, I’m wrong. I had not realized that my Access bridge was nor running. The latest Oracle Virtual Box does seem to have an accessible GUI once AB is running.