Accessing attachments in outlook 2016

Kimber Gardner

Hi all,

Hoping someone can provide instructions.

My office has recently upgraded to outlook 2016 in conjuction with
office 365. Whenever I get an email with one or more attachments, the
only way I can access them is by doing a save all attachments. I see a
button that says attachments but pressing space or enter on it seems
to have no effect. In previous versions of outlook I could back tab to
the attachments then press enter to activate. This no longer seems to
work. Back tabbing takes me only to that infernal button. What am I
missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Kim

--
Kimberly

Are you able to save through the file menu?
Alt F
Save attachments
Tab to arrangements
Arrow to document you want to save
Press enter
Select folder where you would like to save the document

I have the same set up as you do. I am able to follow the above steps and also see the option you mention to save all attachments.

Cathy

Hoping someone can provide instructions.

My office has recently upgraded to outlook 2016 in conjuction with office 365. Whenever I get an email with one or more attachments, the only way I can access them is by doing a save all attachments. I see a button that says attachments but pressing space or enter on it seems to have no effect. In previous versions of outlook I could back tab to the attachments then press enter to activate. This no longer seems to work. Back tabbing takes me only to that infernal button. What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Kim

--
Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

Yes, I can save through the file menu in the manner that you describe. But I don’t always want to save every attachment that I receive, and I would like to view it before I decide whether I want to save it or not. Is there a way to do this?

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

The happy ending still beckons, and it is in the hope of grasping it that we go on.—Annie Proulx

On Sep 27, 2018, at 4:37 PM, Cathy <clschmitt@...> wrote:

[...]

Ann Byrne

Insert+a shows the list of attachments. Tab to the 'open' button and press enter. Read to your heart's content.

Kimber Gardner

Hi Ann,

Unfortunately, in this case, insert A doesn't work. When I press
insert A Jaws says "no attachments" even though I know for a fact that
there are attachments. I tried this on several emails and never was
able to reach the attachments.

Thanks,
Kim

On 9/27/18, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Insert+a shows the list of attachments. Tab to the 'open' button and
press enter. Read to your heart's content.

--
Kimberly

Ann Byrne

you should be able to shift-tab once while in the message and land on the attachments. If insert+a doesn't work, though, shift+tab probably doesn't either. There is a way that people attach files so you can't get to them with JAWS. Ugh!

At 05:58 AM 9/28/2018, you wrote:
Hi Ann,

Unfortunately, in this case, insert A doesn't work. When I press
insert A Jaws says "no attachments" even though I know for a fact that
there are attachments. I tried this on several emails and never was
able to reach the attachments.

Thanks,
Kim

On 9/27/18, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Insert+a shows the list of attachments. Tab to the 'open' button and
press enter. Read to your heart's content.

--
Kimberly

Ann Byrne

Maybe try the touch cursor????

At 05:58 AM 9/28/2018, you wrote:
Hi Ann,

Unfortunately, in this case, insert A doesn't work. When I press
insert A Jaws says "no attachments" even though I know for a fact that
there are attachments. I tried this on several emails and never was
able to reach the attachments.

Thanks,
Kim

On 9/27/18, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Insert+a shows the list of attachments. Tab to the 'open' button and
press enter. Read to your heart's content.

--
Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

Yeah, I think that is what I'm seeing. Ah well, I guess I'm stuck with
save all attachments.

Thanks anyway.

On 9/28/18, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ann,

Unfortunately, in this case, insert A doesn't work. When I press
insert A Jaws says "no attachments" even though I know for a fact that
there are attachments. I tried this on several emails and never was
able to reach the attachments.

Thanks,
Kim

On 9/27/18, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Insert+a shows the list of attachments. Tab to the 'open' button and
press enter. Read to your heart's content.

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kim. One thing you want to make sure of is that "turn off Attachment Preview is checked. This is in Outlook Options under Trust Center. Once you open Trust Center, press ALT plus T for Trust Center Settings. Arrow to Attachment Handling, then TAB to the Turn Off Attachment Preview, make sure it is checked, then TAB to the OK button in Trust center.

Having Attachment Preview turned off makes it easier to Right and Left Arrow through your list of attachments.

If you feel more comfortable with someone on the phone with you while you explore these options, you may call me between nine AM and nine PM Pacific Time. My number is:

714-835-6295

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Unfortunately, in this case, insert A doesn't work. When I press
insert A Jaws says "no attachments" even though I know for a fact that
there are attachments. I tried this on several emails and never was
able to reach the attachments.

Thanks,
Kim

On 9/27/18, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Insert+a shows the list of attachments. Tab to the 'open' button and
press enter. Read to your heart's content.

--
Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

Thank you Bill, it looks like that is exactly what I needed to do.
Once attachment preview was turned off I was able to tab to my
attachments in both the emails where I was failing before.

Kim