JAWS Reading Text Boxes

Hello

How can I have JAWS read the following in Word?

Information is copied (select + a) from a slide in PowerPoint and pasted into Word. In Word, the content is read by JAWS as "rectangle graphic". How can I have JAWS read the content?

Thanks

Cathy

Ann Byrne

If it is a true text box, press ctrl+shift+o for JAWS to see the object, then press enter for JAWS to read it.

If that doesn't work and you have JAWS 18 or later, press insert+spacebar, then o, then s to have JAWS perform OCR on it.

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick response.
The control shift + o seems to work as it identifies 3 inline objects. (There are 3 objects pasted on the document)

However, when I press enter, there is no response. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Cathy

If it is a true text box, press ctrl+shift+o for JAWS to see the object, then press enter for JAWS to read it.

If that doesn't work and you have JAWS 18 or later, press
insert+spacebar, then o, then s to have JAWS perform OCR on it.

Good luck!

Ann Byrne

Sorry. thing more. Try the OCR. sometimes imbedded objects are invisible.